Chapter 12: Dream Team

Start from the beginning

"Is this not how teenagers communicate?" Theo asks and I run a hand through my hair in frustration. "Theo, you are four years older than me. Stop acting like you're a mature adult who doesn't understand adolescence."

"It's more fun that way though." He says with a smile.

"What are you doing here? It's one in the morning. Do you really have nothing else better to do? Are you really this bored?"

"No." Theo says. "I have plenty of things I could be doing. But. I wanted to show you something."

I give him an annoyed look. "Is this another one of your midnight snack runs? Because after last time I'm really not in the mood."

"Jeez, most girls would love to have a man as attractive as myself throwing rocks at their windows." He says.

I shake my head, but I can't help but laugh. "There is something seriously wrong with you."

"Which is exactly the reason you should come with me. I have proof why you are liable to my dream team."

"Theo, we were business partners." I sigh. "Why do you care so much that I continue to help you bust your brother?"

"We are business partners, correct. But I find you like kind of... A friend."

I raise an eyebrow. "A friend? Theo, what is your perception of friendship exactly? Do you not have any friends?"

His smile dropped away and I suddenly felt bad. I met the last part as a joke. "Actually no." Theo says shortly. "I don't have any friends."

"So you want me to come with you? In my pajamas. At one in the morning so you can show me something?" I ask with an exasperated sigh.

Theo grins again. "Correct. Now hurry up I'm not getting any younger."

"Ha. Ha." I say sarcastically with a smile before shutting my window and grabbing my sweatshirt.

I slip on my converse and sneak out the door without my parents noticing. Theo is already in the car waiting for me, so I just hop into the passenger side of his sports car.

"Nice car." I comment and quickly switch on my seat warmer.

"I didn't think you would actually come out here in your pajamas." Theo says and I look over to see he's staring at my legs. What is it with boys and my legs? Jeez, everyone has them.

"Theo! Where exactly are we going?" I snap him out of his staring and he looks back up at me with a smirk. "You'll know it when you see it."

I cross my arms and look out the window as he drives.

"So you really have no friends?" I ask, still unable to process that. He's a young, rich, successful man. How could he not have any friends?

"I used to have friends. After a while though, you start to see they only hang around you for your money. There is no point in befriending people on the same boat as I am either. That's not friendship, that's keeping your enemies closer."

I frown. "So you're absolutely positive they only liked you for your money?"

"I'm absolutely positive." Theo says in a tight voice, indicating I should probably drop the subject.

After a few minutes of silence, Theo pulls into a very familiar food store.

"Theo what the hell are you doing?" I say as he parks his car.

"We are going to go for another food run."

"You said we weren't!" I argue and Theo shrugs.

"I said no such thing. You said you weren't in the mood."