1st ARC | 21 | Solace In A Spark

Start from the beginning

You were truly daring in his eyes, the type of girl who could easily make him flustered with little to no effort.

He smirked just thinking about it. You never seized to surprise him and he felt victorious with that fact alone.

You've abruptly turned your head, scheming for ways to explain how you've been talking about him for quite some time now.... Without so much as creeping hin out, of course.

"Uhh.." you gulped, "I-I may or may have not r-ranted about your fans to my aunt..."

Seriously? His brow rose, eyes glinting with suspicion and amusement. "Oh really?" this tease... He was mocking you of your embarrassment! Petty little jerk...

You turn back to him, grimacing at the effect that little side smirk of his has brought upon you. "S-Shut up, you jerk."

No matter the effort you've shown to hide it though, Thunder chuckled at the blush on your cheeks. But the more he stared at you, he just recalled his real reason for coming here in the place. And come on, the rain outside would've stopped already if his memories just didn't ruin the moment.

"(Y-Y/n) I'm really sorry..."

Huh? You blinked twice, confused with the sudden change in his demeanour. Unlike his previous self, the smirk on his face was gone, shoulders drooping with.... Sadness?

He seemed so cocky just now, where'd the other guy go?

And you frowned, now reminded of your real situation that was simply delayed to be spoken off; the realization making you huff and scold yourself.

Hang on, I'm supposed to be mad at him!!

Noticing that his grip around you has loosened, you took your chance and stood up from his lap, the latter not even showing any signs of movement anymore and simply released you.

You huff, placing your hands on your hips as you stared at him, now determined to get some answers.

"Alright, how the hell did you find me? Solar doesn't know about this place, he wouldn't have told you where to go." Thunder nodded in silence, fishing out his phone from his pocket in response.

Unlocking it, he showed you the screen and your eyes rounded at the map with a red dot continuously flickering in place.

You didn't have to stare at it too long to realize, He tracked me?? How the fuck did he-

And judging from the dumbfounded look on your face, he immediately needed to explain. "Apparently Ochobot's GPS can also track phone numbers, although it had to be active so we can trace your location manually."

Wait what... "You tracked my number??!" your brows met in utter frustration. If it was gonna be like that then no matter where you decide to hide now, they'll always be able to find you. Be it going to hide up in a tree or even casually hanging around a dumpster.

So when Blaze texted... and I kept my phone open for quite a while... Shit. So that's how!!?

You sighed, grumbling incoherently to yourself as you realized your mistake.

But upon seeing your distress, Hali quickly made up for it, tapping on his screen before he showed it to you again.

"Look, I know you don't wanna see any of us so... I came alone just to clear things up... then I'll leave..."

You stared at his phone, the airplane icon was on display... Airplane mode?... Meaning he made sure his brothers wouldn't be able to track him and follow. It was pretty clever, really. But you still had to make precautions.