2nd ARC | 38 | Trouvaille

Yaz hello me luvs~
Hehe, so sorry it's taken forever for me to update, class is just so hectic I no longer have the time to even open my drafts at all ㅠㅠ

But, anyhow, I'm here and we have a new update!

So first off, we'll be starting with a deleted scene~

───── · • ❝ ••𝕊𝕊𝕂•• ❞ • · ─────

Crimson irises flickered with oh such delight, all sorts of emotions swirling in the lightning elemental's throbbing heart.

Two years. Two years he's isolated himself, an aonaran caged in a cell of his own memories' torments. Never once has the thought crossed his mind; for him to welcome anyone into the barrier he's built around himself, and yet he clung onto you, held you so tight - the world could end and he'd still be wishing for you to stay by his side.

But why, in the first place, did you stay by him?

You barely knew each other - save for the fact you were literally his brother's bestie so he can't avoid you - but why!?

Arcane; very little knew of his true persona, many feared him, enemies and rivals despised him - him who was cursed with a horrible past. However, though dangerous, he was mysteriously irresistible in your eyes.

You sought the roots that grew from his nightmares and found a boy scared of himself, that though he was unknowingly betrayed, he might have killed himself in guilt and disgust.

He was scarred, mentally and physically; and the ones you see evident etched across his body proved his endurance to have come back alive from the bleak battlefields of war.

"Why'd you let me kiss you?" he asked, hoping you'd utter the words he needed to hear. And you didn't have to strain your ears just to take the hint - The way he simply stood there, a palm clutching a handful of his brown, moist hair...

Your feet touch the cold tiles of his bedroom, barely even able to force your legs to move towards the boy's direction as you shivered at the sight of his wounds.

- No. They were scars, you remind yourself, permanently tattooed across his body forever.

Thunder flinched, whipping his head around the second the cold pads of your fingers came in contact with his bare skin and you found yourself wincing at the tight grip he's locked around your wrist.

You gasp, "Agh! H-Hali..?!". It was out of mere instinct. A call, a voice within him that begfed for his body not to be touched. He didn't mean to hurt you.

He didn't mean to see a different woman in your place.

He falters, "S-sorry." fingers abruptly freeing his grasp from your wrist but the softness of his voice only begged to concern you further.

Had he not known to act more openly before you, you wouldn't have known by then; he was troubled by the past once again.

Your hands find his, cold to the touch, yet he doesn't rip his arm away and allowed you to inch closer.

"Don't be.." you murmured, massaging the back of his palm, a bit of a mannerism you've come to turn into habit from soothing the light elemental whenever he lost his cool.

But this surely wouldn't be enough for someone who's walked through Hell, you pondered.

Thunder grips on your fingers, scarlet orbs furious at the memory beginning to replay itself in his head all over again. "Tch.."