Chapter 16: Protect

prə-ˈtekt

: to cover or shield from exposure, injury, damage, or destruction.

~☆~

"Hey, Shizuka, someone's looking for you

"Hey, Shizuka, someone's looking for you."

Mizu looked up from the list of papers she was primarily scanning when Mina called out her name. She glanced at the pink girl, before traveling her eyes behind her. She was slightly startled at the sight of Shinso in front of their entrance so she hurriedly stood up.

Some of her classmates turned to look at her, confusion in their eyes as they wonder if the two knew each other. "Shinso..?" Midoriya asked, addled.

"Hey." Mizu started after heading outside the classroom and closing the door so no one could hear their conversation. She blinked her ocean blue pools and stared straightly at the lavender haired boy. Shinso momentarily observed her. 'She looks okay.' He pondered.

"I just went to see if you're fine, and since you are, I'll be heading out now." He simply said, pivoting his foot to walk away. He was halted when he felt a hand, gripped the hem of his jacket. He faced the silver haired girl who was now smiling at her sincerely. "I..was planning to go to your classroom myself after class but you're already here so I," She paused and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, "I want to say thank you, thank you so much Hitoshi." Then she shortly bowed to show her appreciation.

Shinso watched her before placing a hand behind his head. "I did not do much, but, you're welcome." Mizu giggled. "I heard you were the one who informed Recovery Girl, you did a lot, I swear."

Hitoshi let out a small smile. "Sure." He said. He then glanced at his wrist watch and saw that there's only five minutes left before lunch's over. Mizu noticed his actions. "You should go already before the bell rings. Thanks again."

Hitoshi nodded and turned his back at her. But before he could take a step, he gave her a side glance. "Call me Shinso next time." He said. Mizu stayed in her position and only moved when the boy was out of her view.

When she opened the door, her heart slightly jumped with a jolt as figures of her classmates fell on the ground. It seems that they were sticking up their ears at the entrance door which made them stumble down when it was slided open. She tilted their head at them. "Were you eavesdropping?" She asked, despite how obvious it was.

Mineta scratched his grape head and averted his eyes. "You seemed to be close with that Shinso guy." He said, suspicion trailing in his voice. Kaminari smacked his head. "Shizuka's hot so of course he liked her!"

Uraraka glared at them. "That's not the point perverts!" She then stared back at the silver haired girl. "Shizuka! What does he meant by what he said!" She yelled, earning the whole class's attention.

"H-he was just asking If I'm fine. What's wrong with that?" She said, trying to sound normal. Mina gasped and pointed at her. "You stuttered!"

Mizu panicked. "I-I stuttered?"