Chapter three

Draco let go of your hand as soon as your feet touched the grey-brown dirt that was situated beneath the forest floor. You looked at the ground and then back up at the smirking boy beside you, he waved you forward again to which you followed like an awestruck deer, your head pointed upwards and looking at the sky between the mossy trees. Just like a deer caught by the shiny glow of headlights you also ran straight into Draco's back,

    "Hey!" He growled, he himself getting knocked forward and against a leathery black coach, drawn by- nothing at all. 

    'Weird' you said, captivated by the sight for a moment before snapping out of your daze to apologize.

    "Sorry," you sheepishly said, looking around again at the other students. A entire group of younger looking ones, first years, were already walking towards a different trail than Draco was leading you. You closed your eyes momentarily, taking a deep breath. The smell was that of sweat, burning coal but beneath the layers of human corruption there was this earthy, alluring smell of peppermint and of course the forest. It smelled like magic, and even if it was different, it didn't give you a sense of fear at the unfamiliarity. It almost made you feel at home and safe even.

    "Get in," Someone tapped your shoulder, causing you to jolt open and nearly fall backwards, your fingers clutching onto the (color) shoulder purse as if to protect yourself with it. With a sigh, you rolled your eyes at the brownish interior of the carriage, Draco had already hopped in. He patted the seat beside him with a smirk, you scowled. This was just getting weird now, he was being way to nice, and you knew something was up.

    "Why are you doing this?" Your common sense kicked in and forced the words out of your mouth. Thanks to Draco you had gained a little bit of your self confidence back, you wanted friends but this was out of the ordinary for someone who looked and acted like /him/.

    "Doing what?" He retorted, speaking like you had told him something completely ridiculous. 

    "Helping out the fresh meat, I'm nothing special. Hell, you barely even know me! Why are you being so nice?"

    "I can't help a fellow pure blood out of the kindness of my heart?" 

    "This is going to sound offensive, but you don't look like the type to 'give help out of the kindness of your heart,'" You confirmed, fingers clasping the handle that was supposed to help you lift your body weight into the carriage. You were hesitant to hop in, in case he did reveal some evil plot to humiliate you in front of several people.

    "No offence taken because you're absolutely right. I'm not. So I suggest you either take it for what it's for or leave it. Don't believe me, see if I care," He snapped back, the black pupils narrowed against their steely grey iris's showed anger and maybe a bit of hurt, like you expected him to admit that. He was still not giving you a straight answer, more like a zig zag that went up and down and then spun around in a circle. You were taken aback by his response, your eye brows shooting up slightly at the harshness in his voice. He really wasn't kidding was he, absolutely didn't look like he was. His head twitched towards the side, arms crossed tightly over his chest as his shined shoe tapped at a rhythmically fast pace against the floor of the transportation device. You just stared at him, not expecting

    Draco had already learned the hard way from stupid Potter that people didn't take his advice, he expected you to say something snarky and then leave, a girl can only take so much crap, right? You were probably smart enough to figure your own way around the school, but for some reason, it really felt similar to when he tried 'making friends' with Harry, he wanted to help you. He almost regretted yelling at you just now out of frustration, he desired your trust and nothing more. Why? Because you were a breath of fresh air among all the smog that was his current 'friends', you didn't know who he was and you treated him as you might have anyone else with his kind of attitude. Despite what anyone would have said about his current position, he had lackey's to do his bidding if they could manage it, he had friends because of his social status and was well off all his life,but once in a great while he wished he would be treated like a normal person. Draco truly believed that he would be totally and completely different if his father had been just some other pure blood and not the powerful man he was.