Chp. 10

Bowser and Bellflower were walking through the dry, red and black gardens of the kingdom. They were chatting about anything and everything. They never talked about the kiss in the kitchen that happened a few weeks back, but acknowledged it. Over those two weeks, they gradually hung out more, becoming closer. Closer then they realized.

Bowser noticed not a single drop of sweat came off Bellflower. He wondered. Most people would be sweating in such intense heat but here was Bellflower, in a dress, acting as if there was no heat.

"Aren't you hot?" he asked. Bellflower looked at herself then back at Bowser.

"Of course I am," she stated plainly. This confused Bowser even more.

"Then why aren't you sweating?" he asked. Bellflower's eyes widened in realization.

"Oh, you're talking about temperature? No, I enjoy the heat, this place is heaven. Hate the cold, too chilly.  And plus, I'm used to the heat from that one time I went to the Sahara desert for a year," She said

"Why did you go to the Sahara desert?" Bowser quizzes.

"I don't think you deserve to know," she teased knowing that it will get under his skin. Right she was. Bowser folded his arms and growled as smoke came out of his nose. Before he could get his temper out, Bellflower ran into his arms and gave him a warm hug.

Bowser stumbled back a bit from the impact and blushed. He slowly put his arms around her too and welcomed her warm impress. Bellflower was blushing as she hid her face in his chest as she wrapped her arms around his torso.

They slowly pulled apart, not wanting to leave each other's embrace. Bowser looked down at Bellflower, seeing the blush that covers her cheeks.

"Are you blushing?" Bowser asked with a grin. Bellflowers scowled, trying to hide it.

"I made you blush! AW! I knew you would come around! After all, ladies can't resist me!" he grinned, puffing out his chest and huffing. Bellflower hid her face with one of her arms as an idea popped into her head.

She grabbed Bowser's arm and pulled him down to her level and kissed his cheek. Bowser stopped working and started to blush a deep shade of red. While Bellflower's cheeks got redder, she did hold a proud smirk and walked away.

Once Bowser started working again, his tail wagged and he caught up to Bellflower, still wanting to know what happened in the Sahara. Once he was once again walking in step with Bellflower.

"What happened in the Sahara?" he persisted.

"Nothing, it was just a business trip to gather more information on the desert," she answered.

"Then why didn't you want to tell me earlier?" he asked, more confused than before.

"To test you. To see that a hug can calm you down when you get mad, and fortunately, it worked," she stated truthfully. Bowser stopped walking, causing Bellflower too.

"Why would you want to know how to calm me down?" he growled. Bellflower realized how her wording sounded.

"Oh, no Bowser! I'm not trying to find an advantage on you! I just want to make sure I know how to so you don't do anything irrational when you get mad!" she said, not wanting Bowser to feel like he is being tricked.

"Why? Just in case I irrationally hurt your brothers when they are going against me? You're trying to find a weak spot?" he growled out as smoke started to come out of his nose.

"No! Just in case so you don't hurt yourself! I care about you! I don't want you getting hurt!" she yelled back as she sat on the closest bench and buried her face in her hands.

Bowser froze. She cared about him. She cared about him. Him who torments her Kingdom. Him who's the villain. Him who fights her brothers. She cared about him. His own parents didn't care about him and here she comes, a woman who is his hostage, cares about hime. She doesn't even know how much those words mean to him.

He sat down next to her, close, and pulled her in a hug. Bellflower put her arms around him. And they just sat there, close.