Chapter 16

ok this chapter isn't to bad, i like fluffy stuff and i didn't have to edit much. i just don't remember making them this close so i might have to change future chapters

An: I'm so sorry that I didn't update on Friday, I injured my face that day and just honestly didn't feel like doing anything. I decided to just skip it. I think I'll mostly update on Monday, Wednesday and Friday when possible.

☀︎︎ 𓆉 ☀︎︎ 𓆉 ☀︎︎ 𓆉 ☀︎︎

"Hello," Aguero's voice rang through my room.

"Hi," I stuttered out, twirling my fingers as I stared intensely at my pocket while I waited for his reply.

"So what do you want to talk about?" he asked uncertainly.

"Um, anything you feel like, I just can't sleep," I said.

"Okay, I also can't sleep well most nights. We can just talk about what ever," Aguero responded and I slowly started to relax.

"How often are you unable to sleep?" I asked, leaning against my bed frame. 'Geez, what a conversation starter.'

"I've had insomnia for a while now. I usually can't fall asleep well and when I do, I sleep very lightly and wake up at the slightest commotion," he explained through the pocket.

"That sucks. This is the first time I can't sleep," I sympathized with him as best a possible, "I can't imagine this everyday,"

"Yeah, I've gotten used to it," Aguero sighed. 'If I couldn't sleep every single night I think I would go insane.'

"What do you do during that time?" I asked to keep us talking, "I got bored very quickly."

"Well, I usually plan things or think about stuff. It's not much but at least I'm occupied," he said with an airy tone.

"Uh, if you ever can't sleep and I'm up, we can talk again like we are right now, if you want," I said quickly and nervously.

"Huh?"

"Ah, that is if you're okay with that," I stumbled over my words, "We don't have to." I fidgeted with my fingers. 'Why am I acting like this? I've fought a steel eel before and now I'm nervous from talking with Aguero.'

"That's not it," he interrupted my rambling, "I'm completely fine with talking to you. I was just surprised that you offered." I heard him chuckle and I smiled weakly.

'He probably was always abandoned so its probably different for him if someone approaches him first without bad intentions. I think Bam was the only other one. This is kind of awkward.'

"Oh."

We were quiet for a little bit after that, unsure of what to say, but soon, we started a long conversation about our past experiences. I told him about the little moments in my days here with Endorsi and what Bam was like in the cave. He in return, explained his background, the way his branch was expelled and things like that. It seemed like he was hiding something but I let him be. (the bitch maria or whatever she's called)

That then somehow then moved onto an argument on whose hair was better. Aguero insisted that his hair was superior to mine while I stubbornly told him mine was better since it was longer and looked like it was made of gold.

Secretly, I thought that Aguero's hair looked much more delicate and cared for than mine but I refused to admit it to him.

'There's no way I'm going to let him know that earlier this morning I was admiring his hair,'

My upright position slowly changed to be lying down on my side, head on my pillow and pocket in front of me. The conversation slowly shifted again and no longer made sense. Our words slowly got more and more delirious, until eventually, I heard him yawn.

"You tired?" I mumbled, clutching my blanket to my chest as I blinked slowly at my pocket, struggling to keep my eyes open. 'It's almost 4 in the morning.'

"No," he yawned again, "You?'

"Course not," I said, slurring my words. My eyelids were getting heavier and I let them close. "I'm just closing my eyes for a little bit."

"I'll do that too," he whispered. As I drifted to sleep, I heard Aguero's steady breathing and the rustling of his blankets. "Good night."

"Mmh, night,"

☀︎︎ 𓆉 ☀︎︎ 𓆉 ☀︎︎ 𓆉 ☀︎︎

Sorry that it's kind of short. I just wanted to write a fluffy chapter.