Unsent Letters - Chapter 8 (JenLisa FF Story)

***LISA Year 2020***

"What do you think about her?"

"Who?"

I asked dumbly while stirring the ice cubes in my vodka.

"Jaz! Who else do you think I'm asking?"

"Oh."

I raised my head to search for Jisoo's annoyed expression.

I didn't mean to annoy her though. It's just so happened that my head was jumping everywhere. In short, I couldn't think straight anymore, and this alcohol is the culprit for my unstable thoughts.

"I think she's the best person for the job. I never talked to a Private Investigator before, but she gave me this confidence that she'll find Jennie."

"Hmm... that's great. At least this thing gives us some hope, right?"

"Right!"

Well, I don't want to raise my hopes up. If one day she'll bring good news, then better. If not, then I'll try my best to be okay with it.

"What if she'll find her? What's your plan?"

My head starts to pound. I shouldn't have drunk a lot. Shit! I need to stop.

"I don't know."

Were the only words that came out from my mouth, and I'm serious about my answer. I really don't know what to do if one day I'll find her again.

Will she still remember me? Or will she still care about my existence? Or will she hate me for finding her? She'd been hiding for several years now, seven years to be exact, and here I am ruining her plan to disappear from my world.

"I guess you need to go home."

"You think I'm a mess now?"

"No! You're just drank. Let's try to talk about this some other time when you're sober. I'll drive you home."

I nodded. I know I'm not in the right state to drive home. So, I won't argue with her anymore.

She turned her back towards me and disappeared from the counter. Then the next thing I remember, she was already picking up my phone and purse on the table.

"Can you walk alone or you need my support?"

I'm not sure if I can even stand on my own, but I nodded and grinned confidently. Maybe I'm also trying to convince myself that I can walk without tripping.

"Okay!"

Oops! I guess I can't do it without holding at something, so I immediately grabbed her right arm for support.

We sauntered until we reached the exit.

Why am I doing this to myself? Why did I drown myself in alcohol? And why am I drowning myself from every single memory of her in my head? Why is it so difficult to move on?

Fuck! Why are these questions keep on coming in?

"Shit!"

Jisoo exclaimed and removed my hand from clenching her and enveloped me with her arms, instead.

Wait! Am I crying? Shit! Did I just burst in tears without me even realizing it?

"I told you not to drink that much. You sneaky rascal!"

She guided me down at the parking until we reached my car.

"I don't know what to do to you anymore."