"Arlo!" she yelled, catching his attention. Arlo turned around, and upon seeing Seraphina's face, smirked.

"Seraphina. To what do I owe this pleasure? You look-"

"What are you trying to accomplish?" she interjected, glaring at him. "You and I both know you wouldn't just go out of your way to help John."

"Oh? Whatever do you mean, Seraphina? He'd bumped into me in the hallway and I simply bent down to help him gather his papers. Simple as that. You know, just because I'm King, it doesn't mean I'll ignore the students ranked lower than me."

"Cut the crap. I can see right through your lies. If you want something from me, spit it out and quit using John to get it!" she snapped, her eyes glowing blue.

"Not everything's about you Seraphina. What if I told you I was helping him because I pitied him? It must be rough having to live as a cripple." Seraphina knew she wouldn't get any information out of him, regardless of whether or not she used her ability to intimidate him. He was a good liar.

"Come near him again and you will regret it," she said, before storming off.

"Hmm, I guess Seraphina's on the prowl. We can't have that happening now can we?" Arlo pulled out his phone and opened up his contacts. He clicked on one and after a single ring, the other end picked up.

"A-Arlo?"

"Elaine, remember how I told you to hold off on Seraphina and unOrdinary. I want you to report it to the headmaster, it's what's best."

❃❃❃

Once again, John was having a restless night. He flung himself back and forth on his bed, unable to escape the grasp of his vivid dream.

"Claire? CLAIRE!" The girl whose back was towards him wore her green hair in two braids, which he instantly recognized. Just as he saw her, she vanished, replaced with a taller figure with short curly hair of the same hue.

"C-Claire?" The girl turned around to face him. Their eyes interlocked and John was frozen with fear and recognition, unable to face her after all these years, the pain he'd caused her still bubbling under the surface. He opened his mouth to speak to her, to let everything out and fix it all but he found that no words escaped his lips. It wasn't from the nerves. His hands flew to his mouth, bewilderment written across his face.

"John, listen, you can't respond to me, this is just a vision! I don't have much time!" Time? What did she mean? Vision? Was he in one of her visions? What was happening to him?!

"We need to get in contact, you're in danger!" His lips voiced silent words of confusion and fear, but she shook her head frantically.

"Remember, don't trust anyone, and-"

John awoke, gasping for air.

Chapter 3 (1129 Words)

✒ EZ A/N: Thank you everyone for 1,000 reads, well 1,400 reads now! I'm glad you are all enjoying this fan fiction and would love receiving some feedback if you have any

✒ EZ A/N: Thank you everyone for 1,000 reads, well 1,400 reads now! I'm glad you are all enjoying this fan fiction and would love receiving some feedback if you have any. I would also like to give a shoutout to @Subsynx for his comment last chapter. I couldn't agree more. 😂

✒ annalycheee A/N: thanks for 1k reads! we're only 4 (now 5) chapters in so I'd like to say thank you for all the engagment and support on this book. hope you liked this chapter  ♥