Karl crossed his hands across his chest and narrowed his eyes down at me. I felt annoyed and slightly intimated by the look he gave me but I made no move to show him anything he was doing was affecting me. "There is, when you become reliant on it."

Karl dropped his hands. "He won't always be there to save you, Reed."

I pressed play on the video since it was suddenly on pause. The video wasn't long, it lasted only twenty seconds but those twenty seconds hatched at every wound possible.

I was running around the makeshift fire just before I decided to take my aerobics to the ground. Jon was filming it and I kept pulling faces at him, at the camera and behind Karl's head.

But my eyes, right now, we're solemnly focused on my legs. I watched how freely they moved and how my feet never seemed to touch the ground before I was moving again. They were dancing. My vision started to get blurry just as the video ended.

"You had blue tips back then. It suits you."

I snapped my head back at the direction of the new, unwelcomed voice that came from my bedroom door.

Standing, with his tall six foot something glory and his glossy dark hair was Ghost. He had a black, tight thermal shirt on that clung to his physique, black fitted jeans and dark combat shoes. I almost had to wipe the drool that threatened to dribble down the side of my mouth.

I dared to glance down at my lousy attire, a flimsy old sweat shirt and my sweatpants. Now I wasn't any Kendall Jenner where I could pull off looking sexy in sweats. Nope. I looked as ragged as any individual could get. And my hair was a rats nest to add the cherry on top.

I clearly my mind of my poor appearance I focused on the real shit.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him slowly, surprised that I wasn't panting for him because it certainly felt like it was.

Ghost shrugged at me and pressed one shoulder against the side of my door. "Thought I could spend some time with my new friend."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "That sounds fake. I'm not your friend."

Ghost arched one eyebrow at me and he slowly stepped inside my room. "Then what are you?" He asked quietly, taking another step until he was fully inside my room, and instantly managing fill the whole room up. He lowered his head so it was on the same level as me. "Girlfriend?"

My mouth dropped open silly. "Err I'm totally not your girlfriend."

Ghost tilted his head to the side. "Why you making being my girlfriend sound like its the worst thing?" Ghost questioned.

I leaned back my head. "Because it is."

"You never even tried it."

"So? That still doesn't alter my judgement."

"I say you try it. It might actually alter your judgment."

My eyes widened to their maximum and I had pinch of fear that my eyeballs would pop out their sockets and roll right under my closet. "Please don't tell me you just asked if I could be your girlfriend." I said slowly, for my own benefit rather than his so my own mind could process what Ghost just said.

"I think I did." Ghost confirmed.

"You can't ask me that!" I sputtered out.

"Why not?" Ghost countered.

"Because that's wrong!"

Ghost frowned at me. "Why is that wrong?" He asked me and he made my outburst sound like it was stupid.