00:04

.
Reed
.

I stayed silent for the rest of the session, my fingers clasped together and carefully placed on my thigh. Time didn't cross my mind once as I became far to entranced with the boy in front of me.

Ghost had his head down with his eyes trained on his paper dutifully. I could tell he was completely engrossed in his work, showing Lindsey - and in a way he was also telling her - he was capable of doing whatever she asked for.

But he was struggling regardless.

Just as I pondered on the admiration I suddenly had for Ghost, a knock interrupted the room. My head turned to see a young boy, with soft black hair peek his head through the door. He was sporting a funky looking pair of glasses and wearing a bright neon green shirt. He looked a year younger yet he carried himself with ease and as though he had already mastered his self-identity.

"Lin, I've got you the stuff mom wanted to give you," the boy spoke, not looking the slightest bit bothered that Lindsey had two students in the room with her. And he looked less considerate with the fact that she was busy.

When I looked back at the table, Ghost was packing his last stuff. Lindsey was facing the new boy with a scornful and appalled look.

"Trey, how many times have I got to-"

The boy rolled his eyes at Lindsey, cutting her short quickly with a kiss of his teeth. "I know I know, but I'm meeting up with Ivy right now and I couldn't wait around."

Lindsey arched both her eyebrows at the mention of this girl but she quickly masked it with a casual expression. "And where exactly are you guys meeting up?"

The new boy - Trey - just stared at Lindsey, confused. "Around the front?"

Lindsey just let out a sigh, shaking her head at Trey.

But I had my own issue with Trey.

I was watching him so his sneaky glimpse from the corner of his eye didn't go unmissed. He was talking to Lindsey but he was still watching me, stealing glances secretly. I frowned at his behaviour but I realised that I was a girl in a wheelchair so I dismissed his looks at nothing but curiosity.

I felt a hand come down to my shoulder and I snapped my head up to see Ghost. He stood next to me quietly but his eyes were telling me he was ready to leave.

I nodded slowly at him and we both left the room, leaving Lindsey with Trey.

"Next time come earlier Ghost!" Lindsey said loudly after us. Ghost turned his head back to her, gave her a nod and closed the door behind him.

But I could swear I heard Trey whisper to Lindsey. "Is that Reed as in Karl's sister who had that accident?"

I let out sigh... Guess I'll always be Karl's sister who had an accident.

-
-
-

"Are you sure you are free right now? I don't want some other teacher bitting your ass again." I said teasily, hoping to snap Ghost out of this mood he had fallen in ever since we left Lindsey's room.

He was walking slowly besides me, his steps correlating with the speed I was going with. When I spoke, he looked down at me with narrowed eyes.

"Sounds like you're worried for my ass."

I scoffed. "You wish."

Ghost chuckled slightly at my reply before he went quiet again. I started pecking my head, wondering what I could say or do to make him speak again.

We were going through a quiet corridor of the school, with closed doors to each of our sides. There were faint sounds of teachers talking everywhere, and sounds of students over talking.

But there was no talking happening between us.

"When is lunch?" I asked softly.

Ghost pulled out his phone and checked the time. "Two hours left."

Two more hours with Ghost? Who wasn't even speaking?

"Do you want to see something fancy." Ghost asked and I was so surprised he finally initiated something that I bopped my head erratically as a yes.

Ghost has a silver of smile playing on his lips before he pointed at something over my right shoulder. "Look over there."

I followed where his finger was pointing at and stared curiously at an empty wall.

"There's nothing there." I said, turning my head back around to him.

But he was gone.

"Ghost?" I asked thin air, my eyes scanning the whole corridor for him. Or any places he could be hiding in. But he wasn't there and there was so place he could be hiding with the long stretch of lockers.

"Here." A soft voice whispered in my right ear and I nearly jumped in my seat.

Ghost was right there all of the sudden.

"How did you do that?" I gasped at him, looking at him all over with my 'what the hell' face on.

Ghost smiled at me, showing full teeth. I pushed away the tingling feeling in my stomach at his smile and tried to keep a straight face. "Magic." Ghost whispered back to me.

I didn't realise my mouth was open until Ghost reached under my chin with one finger and slowly pushed it up. "Caught you speechless?" He asked rhetorically, a amused smile playing on the ends of his mouth.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What else can you do?" I asked with a raise of one eyebrow.

Ghost just grinned, not bothering to reply or show me any other magic tricks up his sleeves. But then I noticed his phone was ringing just as he fished it out of his pockets again. He tapped me lightly on the cheek, initiating another inner battle of fluttery feelings versus an annoyed feeling. How could one simply tap on my cheek cause me to feel like this?

I was almost reluctant to grasp on the idea that Ghost had somehow managed to scrape one layer of skin off me. But then the fear of him slowly getting closer to my corrupted core froze me on the spot.

A blank expression fell on my face, sharply cutting through the thin line of dreams and reality. I couldn't afford to have these jitteriness feelings. I had to keep my head straight and in the game. In the game of survival.

Ghost still had the phone pressed to his ear but I could tell, with his shocked facial expression, that whatever was being said at the other end of the line was not good.

"You mean you left Ellie?" He exclaimed loudly, his jaw nearly meeting the ground

"As in you broke up with her?" He said with the same volume of disbelief tone.

"Nate, you called me to tell you what to do right? Fucking go back to her right now."

Ghost hung up on whoever it was and he angrily tossed his phone back into his jeans pockets.

"Where did we get up to?" Ghost asked.

Nowhere. We got nowhere.

/////
Don't forget Trey :)

Next in line:

Jeans Jacket: bonus chapter