"Can I get a hint for where we're going tomorrow?" she asked with a sweet smile, looking up at him with big blue eyes in hopes to get him to give in.

But Calum knew how to handle Josie. He scoffed with a roll of his eyes, lips curling up to grin as he ran his tongue along his lower lip. "Not happenin', sweetheart," he responded, making Josie's lips fall into a pout. "Just don't wear heels."

Josie scoffed, gaping up at him. "That's so vague, Calum."

He moved past her, a ghost of a smirk apparent as he took off the cushions on the couch in preparation to pull out the bed. As Josie walked over to help him, he pointed out, "At least you know it's not fancy."

Josie didn't hesitate in taking one of the cushions and throwing it at Calum with a huff. He merely laughed, catching it easily before it hit him and placing it on the ground. "You're the worst," she declared, fixing his pillow before walking around the bed to head up the stairs to turn in for the night.

Behind her, she could hear the smile in Calum's voice as he asked, "What, no goodnight kiss?"

Raising an eyebrow, she looked at him over her shoulder. "Do you think you deserve it?"

Calum's face scrunched, eyebrows drawing together and lips pulling downwards as he scoffed. "Yes." Josie watched him, fighting off the amused smile that threatened to grow as he approached her, his dark eyes never leaving her blue. "All this sneaking around, keeping my hands to myself so we don't get caught? Fuck yeah, I deserve a damn goodnight kiss," he grunted.

She couldn't fight the grin that split across her face, only for it to be obscured by Calum's hand placing itself on the back of her neck, using it to tug her closer as he bent down to close the gap between the two of them. Josie wasn't about to push him away, though she still smiled against Calum's lips as she kissed him back. He tasted like minty toothpaste and Josie was no stranger to the subtle yet exciting thrill she felt shoot down her spine at the act of so openly kissing him in her house, knowing her brother was just up the stairs.

She would much rather embrace the surge of exhilaration of sneaking around behind Luke's back than the guilt of keeping such a secret from him.

*****

As he had said, there was a knock on Josie's bedroom door at five in the afternoon the next day, right when she had finished tying the laces to her most comfortable pairs of red Converse. She paired it with a yellow sundress, tight around the bodice and fluttering around her mid thigh, and it consisted of small red roses that matched her shoes. Calum had said it wasn't a fancy date, so Josie hoped her outfit choice was fitting to whatever he had planned for them.

In the couple of seconds it took for Josie to walk from her bed to the door, she did her best to tamp down on the excited flutter that had been a consistent presence in her stomach since yesterday. It was kind of funny; her and Calum were already together, obviously, but the idea on going on their first date made it seem all the more official. Like they were actually doing this—despite having beendoing it for a while. Being with Calum, even though they were sneaking around, brought Josie a sense of calmness that she hadn't experienced with another guy before. As though in the grand scheme of things, she had nothing to worry about, no reason to doubt Calum or what they had.

It was refreshing and exactly what she needed.

Him. He was exactly what she needed.

When Josie opened the door, her grin easily curled at her lips at the sight of Calum, dressed in his favorite baggy black pants, a silver belt chain looped on the side, with a white shirt tucked in and his shining black leather jacket on top. He looked casual and comfortable and so unbelievably good—if Josie lacked better control of herself, she'd melt into a puddle right then and there.