"I'm scared," she sniffed.

"I know, baby. But she okay," he rubbed her back. "Brix thea' wit' ha', she sleepin' real good. You know if anybody got sis, he do. He not gon let nothin' happen to Nana. Everything gon be fine aight?"

"Yeah," she nodded. "Sorry,"

"Stop apologizin', boop. Gimme kiss," he tilted his head down and she gladly kissed him repeatedly. "Na' lemme feel my baby," he smirked and she giggled. The pregnancy had only brought them closer as a couple, Cordell was in love with the baby just as much as he was in love with his fiancée.

"Whatchu wanna have?" Sev asked as he rubbed her small stomach in circles. She was already in her fourth month of pregnancy, nearing the fifth. She was so excited for Nana to tell them the gender next week, they were bringing her on their next appointment and they wanted it to be a surprise, but they didn't want a huge gender reveal.

"Man, I'on know. Ima be happy wit' whateva' God give us. I just wanna meet my angel man. My li' saving grace," he said seriously, and Sevyn nodded in agreement.

"We gon be dem cool ass parents, gon have pool parties fa' the kids and dey li' friends, sleepovers and we ca' have Christmas hea' every year now," she sighed contentedly. "Thank you fa' makin' me a mommy,"

"Thank you fa' carryin' my child. You a blessin', fa' real,"

"I know," she stuck her tongue out and he laughed at her.

"Papa, your phone," Na'imah whined

"Papa, your phone," Na'imah whined. That same night, an hour later, Brix's phone wouldn't stop ringing. It was vibrating on his nightstand over and over, she finally woke all the way up the sixth time. "Yasir, wake up," she patted his back like a baby, which always seemed to do the job.

"Hmmm?" he hummed, starting to stir in his sleep. "I'm up, I'm up, wassup? You aight? You need me?" he rambled, still waking up fully.

"No baby, your phone," she said. His eyes were cracked open, and he looked confused. "It's ringing," she chuckled. He reached back and grabbed it, answering the call.

"What?" he grumbled. "Wh—now? Aight I'm on my way, I'a bring Nana wit' me," he was instantly all the way awake and Na'imah was the confused one now.

"What's wrong?" she asked him as he stood up from the bed, looking for some clothes in the dark.

"Get some clothes on, I'm takin you ta' Sevyn house," he told her.

"Yasir, what happened?" she got out of bed anyway, by the tone of his voice she could tell he wasn't about to be repeating himself much—if at all.

"They got me a location and I'm finna dead dis shit right na'," he didn't cease his movement, and Na'imah was at a slight loss for words at this point. After a month of searching it seemed like everything was finally coming to an end—she hoped for a positive one.