45|The Final Countdown

Start from the beginning

"Hit the lanes! I'll finish them off." She called out, the others gave her an odd look but realised it was theoretically their only choice and nodded simultaneously.

Katherine turned on her heel, planted her feet firmly into the ground, which was going to be a struggle in the 5 inches she was wearing. She closed her eyes for a second to concentrate on her surroundings, the sound of her siblings running down the lanes, the gun fire and the pretty decent music.

As she opened her eyes once more they began to glow a fluorescent blue, that lit up everything ahead of her, stopping the intruders in there tracks to watch and stare and before they could make another move, she spun her arms in rapid tiny circles that picked up the air around them a created energy in the shape of tornadoes that indefinitely threw the masked enemies back into the wall, knocking them clean to the floor. This gave Katherine the edge she needed to begin her sprint down the lanes, sliding past the pins and landing clean on her ass.

"Holy shit, did it hurt that much for you guys." Kat groaned as she grabbed hold of Diego's hand as he pulled her up so she could face the group after pretty much saving their asses.

"Not for me, as you can quite clearly see, I have a voluptuous behind to break my fall." Klaus spoke, slapping his own ass lightly a couple times.

"Shut up, Klaus." Diego shut him down.

"He's not wrong." Katherine whispered, as Klaus heard he sent her a wink which she giggled at.

Suddenly, a bullet flew through once of the lanes that they had previously fell through, zipped passed the group and planted itself in the wall, the group looked at the wall starstruck before they all exchanged glances and began to  run out of the bowling alley together, Diego grabbing Katherine's hand as to not lose her again.

———

As they arrived at the Icarus Theatre, Katherine could feel the time she would really be needed draw nearer and nearer and physically she'd never been more prepared but at this moment in time her mental state was not.

The theatre was fancy to say the least, Kat had to admit Vanya landed a nice gig here. The Umbrella Academy made their way up the steps of the theatre and stopping in the lobby area, Katherine saving her speed for when she may need it.

Allison stopped Luther by placing a hand on his large chest and holding her notepad in front of him, it read "I need to go alone."

"Allison, I can't let you do that, alright? She's beyond reasoning with." Luther began.

"You hear the music?" Diego argued, rushing the other couple. "It's started."

"Do you honestly think she's gonna listen?" Luther asked Allison. "After everything that's happened."

"We don't have time for this." Klaus stated.

"He's right, get a move on people!"Katherine yelled.

"Okay." Luther finally gave in and agreed to Allison's plan, Katherine knowing all too well she would need to step in and draw the fire at some point.

Allison seemed content with this plan but Katherine unfortunately knew Luther too well, the others watched as Allison jogged in after Vanya.

"You're using her as a distraction, aren't you?" Diego questioned.

"It'd be our best chance to incapacitate Vanya." Luther sighed.

"She'll thank us later." Luther finished.

"Why do I have this feeling she won't." Katherine shook her head.

"Because she won't." Klaus tapped Katherine on the shoulder. "So what's the plan.

"Uh, you wait out front." Luther stated as the gang began to take the steps.

"What?" Klaus and Katherine said in unison.

"Yeah, you're the lookout." Luther said, brushing passed them both.

"Klaus, i'm sorry but you're still my number one, bro." She said kindly, kissing the top of his head and running on after them.

Katherine entered the the theatre, it was beautiful, Vanya's piece, the dim lights, the atmosphere, it was glorious. Yet, Katherine knew that this was it. Finally, this was the time her father had warned her about, she recognised the stage from the vision, she remembered her Father's shrill voice in her ear, whispering "beware the white violin." She shouldn't, but she trusted that man, this was what she was born to do and one way or another she would stop this apocalypse no matter how many tries it would take.