45|The Final Countdown

Start from the beginning

Klaus continued to stare at the brothers before, whispering back.

"Yes."

There was a moment of awkward silence before Katherine replied.

"Can we share?" She whispered.

"60/40. To me."

"Deal."

And the twins, shared a high five behind Allison's back before continuing to watch the events ahead unfold.

"Your right." Luther added.

Katherine, Klaus and Allison's eyes widened in unison, this was not a common occurrence.

"We need a plan." Luther finished.

Katherine felt this odd feeling inside of her like someone was watching her, she often got this a lot but she assumed it was just her dad or ben or some random predator. This time was difference, she noticed a couple pairs of glowing red lights in the distance as she began to nudge Allison to see if she had noticed.

Before she could even tell Allison what she had seen, she heard the sound of gunshots and she quickly super sped round and pushed the others to the ground. With them now all crouching close to the ground the group crawled behind a stand for protection from the bullets flying all over the place.

"Who the hell are these guys?" Diego yelled.

"Maybe they're here for Kenny's birthday." Klaus shouted, Katherine could've help but giggle.

"Nah, i'm pretty sure there here for us." Luther said.

"Never fear. It's my time to shine, leave this to me." Katherine announced, the group looking at her slightly confused by her attitude as she sent them a wink and left.

She concentrated hard as she always did, pushing off on her feet as the world slowed down around her, as she left a blue trail of energy behind her as she went. She began to circle the intruders, they held rifles and dressed all in black. In attempt to get the job done fast she swiped the legs of a few of them, knocking them to the ground and kicking their weapons out of reach.

Suddenly, a knife came spinning through the air and hit one of the men, taking them out, Katherine obviously knew who that came from, she appreciated his help. As she placed her hand on another man's shoulder the lights went out, she hadn't noticed that she'd slowed down until someone hit her in the side of the head with the butt of a rifle and she went crashing into the opposite side of the stand to which the others where hiding.

"Fuck, that almost hurt." She whined.

"Hold on, Kat." She heard Allison call from the other side.

Just then bowling balls began to get launched through the air and hitting the enemy, she assumed this had been Luther from his previous outburst with the bowling balls. Then finally, a birthday cake, clearly the work of Klaus.

"They're blocking the entrance." Someone called out.

Katherine pulled herself up, leaning over the desk as she so nearly dodged bullets in the dark and looked down on the others.