Independence Day Pt 1

Start from the beginning

"Make your selves at home," Flash said. Robin and Kid Flash took the nearest two and Aualad took the third. Speedy stood while Percy sat on the Arm-rest of Robin's chair.

"Quick debrief to discuss the coincidence of four ice Villians attacking the same day," Batman said to the mentors, then he looked at the proteges, "We shouldn't be long." He turned and allow the computer to scan him and the other league members.

"That's it?!" An angry voice shouted. They turned to see an angry Roy staring in disbelief at the elder heroes.

"You promised us a real look inside, not a glorified backstage pass."

"It's a first step, you have been given access few others get," Aquaman said.

"Oh really? Who cares which side of the glass we are on?!" Roy gestured to a group of tourists outside on the observation deck.

"Roy, you just need to be patient..." At this, Percy zoned out. She thought back to her recent adventure with her friends at Camp, the trip to the Sea of Monsters. She thought of the monster on Princess Andromeda and the return of her cousin Thalia, the daughter of Zeus. Percy was more than happy now that her cousin is back. Maybe with Tahlia, she could finally rest-

"-Or what?! You will send me to my room?" Speedy's voice jolted Percy back to reality. She looked around, everyone had a shook expression on their faces. Dam you ADHD, I zone out at the wrong time and I missed the important stuff.

"I thought I was his partner, but not anymore..." Percy gasped as Roy throw down his hat. The other proteges were too staring in disbelief at Speedy, the now ex-protege of Green Arrow.

Roy turned and stormed out of the room. "Guess they were right about you four. You are not ready."

Percy wanted to jump up and chase after the boy she sees as her older brother but were held back by Robin.

"Roy!" The door closed with a loud echo and leave the room in awkward silence.

Suddenly the computer beside them reared to life and Superman appeared on the screen.

"Superman to Justice League," the Kryptonian prefaces. "There has been an explosion at Project Cadmus. It's on fire."

Batman was thinking hard, "I've had my suspicions about Cadmus. This may present the perfect opportunity to in-" He was cut off by Zatara appearing on another screen.

"Zatara to Justice League. The sorcerer Wotan is using the Amulet of Attan to blot out the Sun. Requesting full League response." That news got all the heroes interested. Dang, Percy thought, Apollo is gonna throw a fit.

Batman turns back to the big Blue Boy Scout, "Superman?"

"It's a small fire," the Kryptonian reassured, "Local authorities have it under control."

"Then Cadum can wait. All Leaguers rendezvous at Zatara's coordinates. Batman out."

The four proteges stood up to face their mentors.

"Stay put," The Dark Knight said to them.

"What?" Robin questioned, "Why?"

"This is a Leauge mission."

"You are not trained."

"Since when?" Kid Flash demanded. A look of disbelief on his face.

" you're not trained to work as a part of this team." Percy scoffed at this. Batman sent her a warning look and she quickly got the message. Don't reveal yourself.

"There will be other missions when you're ready," Aquaman said firmly.

"For now, stay put." The older heroes left, leaving the younger in a mixture of disappointment and rage.

"When we are ready?" KF snorted. "They don't even trust us with the basics." He fumed. "They've got a secret HQ in space!"

"What?!" Percy shouted, her masked eyes went wide with surprise. The others turned and gave her a weird look. Robin facepalmed.

"You zoned out, didn't you?" He asked his best friend. The said girl nodded sheepishly. The bird-named hero sighed with his eyes rolled back towards his head.

"What else are they not telling us?" Aqualad wondered sadly.

"I have a better question: Why didn't we leave with Speedy?" They went silent. Their mentor's words still ring in their mind. 

"What is Project Cadmus?" Kaldur questioned. Robin smirked and Percy felt that she too was starting to smile. Kaldur had said the magic word.

"Don't know, but I can find out." Dick waltzed towards the computer and start typing.

'Access denied.'

"Huh, wanna bet?" A few seconds later the computer was hacked and files of different things began to pop up.

"Wow. How. Are. You. Doing that?" Wally asked staring at the big screen.

"Same system as the Bat-Cave." The bat-kids answered in unison, a mischievous grin on both of their faces.

'Access Granted.'

"Alright, Project Cadmus. Genetics lab here in DC..." He frowned, "That's all there is, but if Batman's suspicious..." he glances at Aqualad. "maybe we should investigate."

"Solve their case before they do." Aqualad realized with a small smile. "It would be poetic justice."

"Hey, they are all about justice."

"But they said, 'Stay Put.'"

"For the Blocking out of the Sun mission, not this."

Percy peaked up. "Wait are you going to Cadmus?" She turned to her best friend who had on his signature smirk. "Because if you are going, I'm going!" She turned to KF who was bobbing his head up and down excitedly. They turned to look at Kaldur who was struggling with the idea.

"Just like that? We are a team on a mission?"

"Hey, we didn't come here on a play date." Aqualad's troubled look was replaced with a look of determination.