Chapter 12

Darcie's P.O.V

Over the next week, Noel played different venues around LA and California. We were headed to Las Vegas next and I was over the moon about it. Me and Noel had only broke the rules of our deal once so far. It was an urge neither of us could really resist, but we simply had to deal with it.

We were spending two days in Vegas and currently we were roaming the strip, seeing exactly what it had to offer us. The band weren't playing until the following night so we headed to a bar not too far away from Caesars palace, where we were staying. My stomach was doing somersaults when we had pulled up to the hotel earlier this morning. I had been here before when me and Anaïs were 15, again on tour, but we didn't get to see anything. That tour was just get up and go with hardly any stops. This one however, was much different. Way more relaxed. I had always dreamed of staying at Caesars palace. I was also a massive fan of 'The Killers' so being here really did feel surreal.

The usual occurrence of us drinking, laughing and dancing happened. At one point I was dancing very provocatively, earning the eyes of a few preying men to look my way. Really, I wasn't meaning any harm, but I knew he was watching. I was having a great time. I felt happy. I wasn't drunk, just slightly tipsy but I didn't need the Dutch courage for once. I had never been confident. I was always scared in case I was overly confident, so much so to make a fool of myself. This night however I felt liberated in some sense, even with his eyes watching my every move.

I would ask how it happened, but I don't think anyone knew. At midnight I ended up in a bathroom stall with Noel... the men's to be exact. I don't know if it was me or him that was weak, or the both of us but I knew that I could stay away from someone if I really had to, regardless of how painful it might be.
I think that made me feel better. To know that someone actually wanted me, whether that just be for sex or other reasons, it was good to feel wanted. Before I knew it, I was down on my knees and he had come undone. As I had stood back up he leaned in and kissed me. Softly but with force. Just as he tried to hitch my skirt up, I pulled away. "You don't have to return the favour." It wasn't that I didn't want him to, it was only that I had thought we'd been in there long enough. To be fair, everyone was spread out about the bar, just socialising, so no one would have noticed. "I'll head out first." I gestured for him to let me out since he had his back to the door. "No, you're staying with me." He held his grip on my hand as we left the bathroom. We earned a strange look from a young man who was by the sink, I just laughed keeping my head down. Noel, not even letting it alter his emotion, body language or straight face. I found it fascinating how little he could be affected by stuff. I always had a miserable face just like him but I could never be as unbothered as him. As we got out of the men's bathroom, there was a corner to turn before we were out into the open. He pulled me over and pressed his lips to mine.

"Noel?"
Oh fuck. I knew that voice too well.
We pulled away from each other like our skin had come in to contact with a hot surface. It was Gem. I started to panic on the inside. On the outside I was expressionless. "Go back out there." He guided me. His voice was quiet but would still be audible to most near, like Gem. I made my way out, not daring to look back. I was petrified. If anyone else found out, I was done. If I lost Anaïs and Noel to this then I wouldn't have anywhere else to go.
I was feeling a mix of guilt, panic and curiosity. The curiosity spawned from wondering what Noel was going to say. If I was just Darcie, then no one would have a problem with it. The issue is, I'm Darcie, Anaïs' best friend. Why the fuck am I sleeping with her dad. Usually this wouldn't even cross my mind. I would never do anything like this, it would be so weird in any other situation. Right enough this was probably weirder.

I was of age, I could do what I wanted, but sleeping with my best friends dad just wasn't on my bucket list. Actually, that's a lie. I had admired him for so long. The fact I was just exploring this feeling was mad to me. He intoxicated me with his words, his scent, his eyes, everything. I could not quite wonder why I would put my happiness on the line just for sex with a rockstar. In a different setting it would be justified to me, but not when you know them personally.

I was outside for what felt like 5 minutes but was not short of an hour. I think I had just let the cigarettes burn in my fingers whilst staring off into space. I had one left and decided I'd actually remember lighting this one.

As I went back through, I made my way to the bar, asking for a dirty martini. I made no effort to speak to anyone. I sat on a bar stool, alone. I felt like people were giving me dirty looks. I slightly jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was him, yet again.
"Ain't it dangerous for you to be around me?" I was majorly pissed off. As much as I was scared and upset, any emotion I experienced often came out as anger to anyone else. "I've sorted it love, he's gonna keep his mouth shut." I was baffled at how he seemed so cool with it. "Shouldn't this put it into perspective for you?" I stood up, after throwing the rest of my drink down my throat, and headed for the exit. Noel grabbed my wrist. "Don't put your hands on me." I snapped. "Love, calm down."

I left after that, on my own. I simply didn't want to have to endure such criticism from Gem, and although he was the only one who knew, it felt like a million people had their eyes on me. Burning into my body, judging me for every single wrong turn I had made in my life.

I roamed the strip for a while, enjoying the neon lights that Brandon had been singing about for so many years. It was amazing to finally feel it. I headed back to the hotel soon after my stroll, not thinking it was the best idea to be roaming about on my own, and in a highly suggestible state.

At 2am there was a knock on my door. I was lying atop of the bed just staring at the ceiling in complete silence. I knew it was him, I didn't want to speak to him. I only felt like looking in his eyes would get me into more trouble. Life was on a constant loop for me at the minute. It was drink, have forbidden sex then fall asleep. Going on tour switched it up a bit, gave me a bit of a buzz. It was still the same no matter what. And did my night continue like it had for the past god knows how long? Yes, yes it did.

As soon as I opened the door we were pulled together like magnets. Hands in each other's hair. Mouths pressed against each other's skin. Clothes being ripped off and climaxes that were like no other.

"This isn't right." I said that as our legs were entangled under the sheets, after partaking in that thing that made it not right. "Let's be real here," He kissed the inside of my wrist, then continued. "The only thing that's wrong with it, is you're Anaïs' best mate." He was right. If I was just some girl he had picked up, it would be fine. Fair enough the age gap was a thing but it wasn't a completely new thing to society. Not that any part of society has room to judge my relationship with someone with the amount of other shit going on in this world.
He just soothed me, like no other. He was like an anti depressant. Yeah there were bad side effects, but he made me feel relief. The only difference being I relied on him for a sudden burst of euphoria, and he wasn't necessarily keeping my sadness at bay when I had no contact with him. "Everything would just come down on top of me if she found out." If I lost her, I lost everything.

A/N: hello, this chapter was more of a stepping stone for what's gonna happen next, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway... I go back to school very soon so I don't know if I'll have more or less time to update. Sorry this story is kind of slow, just lack inspiration sometimes. Hope you're all well X