Chapter 9

Darcie's P.O.V

Over the next week, I left Noel's and went back to my own house. Luckily, my dad had finally went back to work and he wasn't drinking as much. I was hopeful that everything was maybe looking up.

It was Thursday evening and my birthday was tomorrow. Anaïs decided we should go for lunch tomorrow before the big night. I was pretty excited so I picked an outfit out ready for tomorrow.

——————————————————
Friday Morning.

Dad went to work before I woke up, I was a bit disappointed I wouldn't see him today, but it's no different from the past few years.
After I had a bath, washed my hair and shaved my legs I started on my makeup. I didn't go too full on just because it was early.

I was dressed in black pvc trousers with a white blouse tucked in and a few buttons undone. I had a black bralette underneath and it popped out slightly through the shirt. I wore a pair of simple white strappy heels and had my hair curled. I grabbed my bag with my outfit for tonight and other essentials in then grabbed my handbag.

I called a cab to go to Noel's so I could put my things in and then we could head out. I reached up to the gate, paid the taxi then entered the code. I was a little nervous to see Noel, no idea why but I hadn't seen him in around a week. As soon as the door opened I was engulfed in a bear hug from Anaïs. "HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY!" She screamed causing me to laugh. I left my bags by the door and walked into the kitchen. Anaïs was ready and just had to put her shoes on. Noel wasn't there, so I figured he was upstairs getting ready. We leaned against the island and shared a glass of wine. "So how does it feel to be one year closer to legally drink in the states?" She asked smirking. "Not that different" I giggled. We continued talking about the night ahead until we were interrupted by Noel. "Happy birthday Darcie." He said smiling. "Thanks Noel." I said back. It took everything in me not to run up and engulf him then. "We better get goin, you can get your presents when we get back." Anaïs said heading to put her shoes on with me following behind. "Ooo presents, what've you got me?" I asked as she was putting her heels on. "It's a surprise." She said with a grin on her face. Noel came out and grabbed his bomber jacket. He had a black button down shirt on and black jeans, he was wearing smart, white trainers and a dark burgundy leather jacket. He looked fucking great. When he passed to grab his phone I could smell his aftershave. "Right, Bono's just left, let's go." He said.

We reached the restaurant and it was a place named the Angler. Bono was already sat at the table. "Ey, Happy birthday Darcie." I engulfed him in a hug. Bono was always around me and Anaïs when we were young and if there was any band I had been listening to my whole life, it was U2. I bloody loved the man. He handed me a small box and a card. "Aw thank you. You didn't have to get me anything." I said with a bright smile on my face. "Oh don't be silly, go on open it." I was sat beside Anaïs with Noel, and Bono across from us. I opened the box up to reveal a stunning pair of diamond earrings. I could tell they definitely cost quite a bit. "They're beautiful, thank you." I said and we hugged again and he kissed my cheek. We ordered our food and I had a glass of white wine. We all ate and cracked jokes, talking about everything and of course they brought up all the stories from when me and Anaïs were young.

After lunch, Bono had to shoot off and we headed back to the house. It was 3pm and I was already feeling a little tipsy from the three glasses of wine I'd consumed.

"Right, time for your presents." Anaïs said, opening the living room door. There were balloons and banners everywhere and there sat a little pile of presents in front of the fire place. "Oh my god." I said covering my mouth with my hand. I teared up a little, just because no one had ever made so much of a fuss about my birthday before. Usually with Anaïs she would get me presents and I'd always tell her never to do anything else but she really gave me a surprise here. "Aww don't cry you softie." She said hugging into my side. "Forfucksake, thank you so much. I love you." I wrapped my arms tightly around her. "Hurry up, I want you to see what we've got you." She said excitedly. Noel was sat on the edge of the couch with his arms resting on his knees. I looked over at him with a smile. I couldn't believe they did all this for me. "Oh and by the way it was my idea to do all this." Anaïs said. "Yeah, well who went out and bought all the decorations and put it all out?" Noel asked. "Yeah but it was my idea." Anaïs said back. "Guys, can I open my presents." I said laughing at their bickering. "Sorry, gwarn." Noel said. The first one I picked up had a little tag that said Anaïs. I noticed a few of them had a tag on them and the other three that didn't, I was guessing were from Noel. I tore open the paper and inside were a few pieces from different shops that we loved. "Aww these are cute." I held up a little sun dress that I was buzzing to wear. "Thanks Naï" I opened the other few presents and she had gotten me some heels from a boutique we loved, a few records, and a beautiful diamond necklace. "Anaïs, thank you so much." I gave her a tight hug and we embraced each other for a moment. "Right let's see what The Chief has got me." I said smirking at him. The first one was a box from Selfridges, so I automatically knew that it was something expensive. I hated when they splashed out on me, purely because I felt like I didn't deserve it, but they knew I did and they would do anything to make me happy. I opened up the box and there was a Christian Louboutin box. My jaw instantly dropped as I opened the box to reveal a stunning pair of black, patent heels with the red bottoms. "Oh my god, Noel!" I screamed with excitement. I stood up and pulled him in for a hug. The sudden contact between us made his breath hitch slightly. "I'm speechless, what the fuck!" I really was stunned. I couldn't believe he bought me them. He let out one of his laughs then went to speak, "Well I know you've always wanted them, so I thought, why not?" He shrugged. "Fucksake, Noel I cant believe you." I had the biggest smile on my face. I pulled him back into a hug again. "I'm 100% wearing them tonight." I squealed excitedly then picked up a much smaller box. I opened it up to reveal a Cartier box and tears were instantly welling up in my eyes. "Fuck." I said. My hands were slightly shaky and I opened the box to reveal the most beautiful bracelet I had ever seen in my life. It was the essential lines bracelets with white gold diamonds and I couldn't believe my eyes. "Noel." "Yeah." He said, clearly amused by my reaction. "What the fuck!" I squealed again. "Me and Anaïs thought you deserved to be treated like a real princess this year and I couldn't not get you some diamonds." He smirked. "Noel, thank you so much," I engulfed him in a hug whilst a tear or two slipped from my eyes. "And you Anaïs, thank you so much. This is the best birthday I've ever had." I said sniffling slightly. "Ohh come here you." She said and pulled me into her arms. "Dad, you too." He wrapped his arms around both of us and it was such a perfect moment. "Forever and always, us three." Anaïs said. They really were like my family, and I couldn't even begin to imagine that my birthday would've been such a memorable day. "Guys you've really changed my life. You know I used to hate my birthday and now it's completely changed." I spoke from my heart. "Don't worry, we're always going to be here to support you and put a smile on your face." Anaïs said. I just wrapped my arms around them even tighter.