seven.

chapter seven;
the morning after

A LOUD LAUGH FROM THE KITCHEN WAS WHAT WOKE HER

A LOUD LAUGH FROM THE KITCHEN WAS WHAT WOKE HER. She sat up in the foreign bed and with a sigh, and hand pressed to her forehead. The hangover headache wouldn't even be that bad, if it wasn't for the sunlight streaming in through the windows. She rolled over to face towards the door and saw that on the beside table there was a glass of cool water and a packet of aspirin. She pops out two pills and swallows them with a few gulps of water. She needed it, the sun had made her head throb.

She pulls off the quilt, glancing over to Timothée's well made side. She repeats it, tucking in the quilt and fluffing the pillows. She lets out a loud yawn, stretching her arms as she looks down at her clothes- she'd slept in some comfy pyjamas. She straightens them up, looking in the mirror that rested against the wall beside Timothée's wardrobe. The mirror reflects a pretty girl, but she'd never think that of herself- she was simple, hardly anything special. Billie grabs her glass of water and opens the bedroom door. To her surprise, her two best friends are sat on the sofa, and Timothee is stood in the kitchen wearing Billie's apron, cooking something that smells delicious.

"There she is!" Rochelle exclaims, clapping loudly. Billie's head throbs, she lets out a deep sigh and slides onto the sofa beside them.

"Please shut up," Billie huffs. She closes her eyes, still being tormented by the sunlight. Before she can complain anymore a shadow comes over her. She peers upwards and lets a soft smile come over her lips as she realises Timothee is standing above her holding a plate of...He hands it to her. Pancakes and bacon. Delicious, and exactly what she needed.

"Pancakes for the hungover ladies," Timmy says, fetching Rochelle and Emma their plates too. It had been a great night despite them having to leave early due to Rochelle and Emma being lightweights- it was their last real night out together before they moved into their new home and started having regular meetings about their new adoptive child.

Billie finishes the meal in record time, loading the pancakes with maple syrup and swallowing two glasses of orange juice (which Timothee refilled for her). "What are you two doing for the rest of the day?"

"Oh, we have to leave soon, we have our first meeting with the social worker at 2, so we need to get to the house and be ready," Rochelle says, stroking the back of Emma's hand with her thumb.

"You'll be great," Billie says, a small smile on her lips. She catches Timothee's eye and he cocks his head, as if he's noticed something about her that she herself hasn't even noticed.

"Do you know if you're getting  a boy or girl yet?" Timmy asks curiously, finally looking away from Billie.

"We don't, but they've told us they have 3 potential kids for us, but they want to meet us and see the house before they decide who will be a best match," Emma explains, you could hear the nerves in her voice as she spoke. Emma was rarely nervous, she was usually so confident and outgoing.

Billie lets out a deep sigh as Rochelle stands up, declaring that they must get going. If they were leaving, it meant Billie would be alone with Timothee- for some reason the thought made a shiver run over her spine. She gets up and hugs both girls before showing them out the door. Once they're gone she leans her head against the door and tries not to burst into tears.

"Anyone would think you were their jealous child who didn't want a little sibling," The voice makes her jump- how had she completely forgotten he was here?

"I don't need your opinions thank you," Billie grumbles as she turns and sits back down on the sofa- she didn't feel hungover anymore, which was one positive.

"Why don't you want them to have a kid?" He asks, his ankle was crossed over his knee and his hair was ruffled up, the sun was shining on it, casting a pretty golden hue around him, like a halo.

"Who are you? my therapist?" She laughs, hands fumbling in her lap.

"Whoever you want me to be,"

Her breath hitches in her throat- why did that sound mildly sexual?

"Well, I don't need a therapist," She manages to say, turning to look out the window, well aware of the blush seeping onto her cheeks.

He doesn't mention it again, instead, he just smirks and asks, "How's the boyfriend?"

"Zac is fine," Billie breathes, glancing over to the smirking boy.

"He seems nice enough, I guess he has to be to be a medical student- real fancy," Timothee nods, putting his foot to the floor and standing up, "Fancy going out?"

"What?" She splutters, looking up at him.

"The day is young, lets do something with it," He says, he offers his hand. She gulps, looking at those large hands, she takes it and he pulls her into a stand. "Get ready,"

Their hands slip apart and once he's closed the door to his bedroom she physically shakes off the tingles it gave her to have her hand in his. Why was she feeling this way? She had a perfectly fine boyfriend already? She only shared his bed for one night! They didn't even do anything! He has a girlfriend as well!

It takes Billie about 30 minutes to quickly shower, brush her teeth and hair, get dressed and put on some simple makeup- including her signature red lipstick. When she steps out of her bedroom, Timothee is already waiting, he's leaning against the back of the sofa in his classic black on black on black outfit, his hair somehow styled with its endless curls looking tamed for once. He looks amazing. His eyes wonder over her for a second. She's opted for a cute white dress that had puffy sleeves, a heart shaped neckline and flowed outwards in an A shape to her knees. She paired it with a simple pair of white trainers.

"Wow. You scrub up well," He says, smiling. They were colour opposites for the day, the only colour worn between them was Billie's red lipstick.

"You're not so bad yourself," She laughs, following him out the door and into whatever adventure awaited the duo.

______________

Long time no update!!!
This was shorter than i wanted it to be, but i'm kinda working my way back into writing atm and this was the best i could do :))))

thank you for reading and i hope you enjoyed!

~cupidlies❤️