Seventeen

So here I am walking down the isle at the wedding I didn't want to nor thought would happen, In a frilly blood red wedding dress that was way to big and brought out my snow colored skin evidently. I neared the groom who had a sickening grin as he noticed the pain he brought to the people around them.

The fireplace was shaped into am alter and in a crooked doorway stood an alien in a suit to whom I presumed was the pasture thingy or whatever you called them.

I strutted over to the man who was now in a burgundy wedding suit that matched my dress oddly enough. I had less confidence than a teenage girl with a huge pimple on the tip of her nose.

I felt guilty as my gaze shifted to the residents of the house being forced to watch this scene play out.
It wasn't their fault so I didn't see why he needed to do this to them.

My poor aunt and uncle had been through enough but the striped man had now scattered their limbs around the room and put their heads on podiums like they were on display at a museum.

Lydia was levitating in the air, kicking her legs like crazy trying to escape but to no avail, the ghostly groom had also gaged the young teen so she couldn't speak.

As for her parents, they were trapped in the redheads horrid excuses of art that no one had the heart to tell her were aweful looking things.

I sighed and focused my attention to the demon. The pasture he had brought in began speaking but to me it was nothing more than mumbles as my thoughts screamed at me.

He isn't doing this because he cares, he's using me. Just like everyone else minus mom, Adam and Barb, had.

He'll leave once this is over, leave me to rot in my prime, cold and alone with my cat.

Why should I care? I don't want him to stay, not after this stunt he's pulling. Perhaps it's the thought of being alone that's scary. I never did cope with that type of stuff.

Well whatever may come, I have to do this. To fix my mess.

"Do you Venella Alba Winters take this ma-." I was cut out of my thoughts when I heard my name, my real name. It was weird nobody had called me Venella since mom. (There will be a name explanation in an oncoming chapter, stick with me here).

"NO Betel-" I tried protesting but his bloodless pale hand covered my mouth restricting me from speaking.

"Heh she's uh a bit nervous I'll answer  for her." He explained nervously before altering his voice to sound like mine.

"I Sno- Venella Winters am of sound mind, the man next to me is the one I want, you ask me, I'm answering. Yes I love that man of mine." He answered.

Ew it's weird to here him saying my actual name and I'm surprised he didn't try call me vanilla like everyone in Black lake did. Though I'm sure if he had the chance he would.

Pushing my thoughts aside I tuned back into real life just to hear Betelgeuse say. "Yeah sure." As he rejoined our arms together since he apparently walked off.

"I don't talk like that.." I mutter whilst rolling my eyes, refering to his impression of me earlier. However I was in no position to speak let alone protest. I felt utterly powerless and I hated not being in control. It was driving me crazy.

I sighed as he took away his hand. I could finally breathe and not take in his rotten smell.

"Betelgeuse." My aunt simply calls surprising everyone. I questioned how she could still speak since she was separated from her body but then decided it best not to dwell.