One

"Welcome to Winter River Connecticut home to..." The most peaceful people ever! I thought excitedly, blocking out the words of the bus driver.

This was it my new start! And boy oh boy I couldn't wait. Some people found the people of Winter River boring and vanilla but not me.

My Aunt Barbara lives here with her husband Adam, the sweetest pair. I used to visit them all the time when I was younger since my mom and Barb were sisters but ever since her death and the invasion of my stepmother we haven't been back since.

That was when I decided that as soon as I could I would move here. Adam and Barb were the only family close to my mom that I had left.

I got off the bus and as soon as I stepped foot on the country sodewalk all off the shit I had been through and bad things I've done disappeared. I could finally be free. I didn't have to live in fear anymore. Fear of the things I'd done, fear of getting caught but mostly free from fear of him.

It wasn't hard to find Adam and Barbara's house, they lived there all their lives, plus it was the only old, rickety house on a hill.

I walked towards the hill smiling as instead of getting harassed or tormented on the streets I got ignored. To some people that may be a nightmare but to me it was a dream.
Nobody calling me "ghost girl." Or "zombie girl." Or "frosty the snowman." Or "snowflake." And all the other numerous names I was called non stop as I child and even now as an adult.

I mean why should they pick on me just because my hair and skin our both as white as snow. Literally as white as snow and I thought having purple eyes was cool. That was until of course it became another imperfection of mine.
Albinos weren't that bad right? I mean sure I wasn't normal but as my mom used to say.
"Normal is but an illustration, what is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."

Shaking myself from my thoughts I walked up the gravel driveway, hearing the satisfying crunch every time I took a step. I approached the bright red door and knocked three times, waiting for someone to answer.

I wasn't waiting long as, as soon as I knocked the beautiful blonde, floral dress wearing women I knew to be Barbara stood in the door frame with a smile as sweet as honey. Her eyes brighten at the sight of me as she quickly swoops in for a hug, which I return with no hesitation.

As I was hugging Barb her familiar scent of sweet vanilla filled up my scenes. I hadn't smelt something so wonderful in years. After pulling away Barbara led me into the house, shutting the door softly behind her.

That was something both my mom and Barb shared. They always had respect for everyone and everything around them and made sure not to be to hard on it.

She led me into the kitchen where I sat at one of the bar stools waiting as Barbara went to get Adam. I looked around at the semi decorated house. I found it strange that they've lived here for so long and yet the house still wasn't fully decorated.

Another trait my aunt and mother shared. They were never in a rush to do anything, they always made sure that if something was getting done it would be at there own steady pace. My mom used to always say.
"If you rush through life you'll miss the good moments." My mom was a very patient and understanding women and I always aspire to be exactly like she was.

"Hey kiddo it's good to see you!" The masculine voice of Adam said as he ruffled my hair.

"C'mon Adam we're way past hair ruffles." I say getting up off the bar stool and bringing Adam into a warm hug. Which he returned.

Adam had a friendly ora about him. He's the type of person to keep calm in bad situations and sacrifice himself for anyone really. So I can easily see why Barbara married him. He has a heart of gold. He also had a great build for someone who didn't work out and who's life occupation was owning a hardware store downtown.

We pulled away from the hug and I sat back down on my stool, Barbara taking this as an opportunity to see why I'm here. She placed a mug of hot coco Infront of me and sat next to me with a mug of her own.

God this brought back memories as my mom and I would always do this when I had something on my mind or she wanted to talk to me. We also did this when catching up with Barb on our visits.

"Not that we don't love seeing you again and after all this time you've grown so much." Barb trailed off placing her hands on my face. I smiled at her warmly as she did so.
"But why are you here?" She cuts to her question.

I looked down at my hands that were folded on my lap. I had forgotten I hadn't told them I was coming.
"Well I needed a new start and I wanted to live near you guys so here I am..." I say with mini jazz hands.

Barbara's smile only grew. Looking at her all I could think about was how beautiful she was. She resembles my mom so much but with her own little perfect imperfections.

"But I haven't found a house yet so I was wondering if I could stay here for now, y'know just until I find a place." I say hopefully, looking Barbara in the eye.

"Of course sweetie. Stay as long as you like." She waved it off as nonsense that I was even asking to stay. She assured me I wasn't intruding at all and I was family but I still didn't want to bother them and offered to help pay rent but again was waved off.

Barb led me towards one of the many spare rooms and told me we could go shopping for decorations and stuff tomorrow and then left me be so she could make dinner.

I layed down on my new bed preparing to take a nap, I had my eyes closed and was at that level of silence where I was about to enter the dark abyss of sleep when I smelt something rotten. A rat must have died in the air vent or something.
I thought before using my hoodies hood to cover my nose and finally drift off to my realm of sleep.

❄️🖤❄️🖤❄️

Hey so yeah I want to start a new story I'd appreciate your opinion on this first chapter to let me know if you want me to continue.

Hope you enjoyed and want more because I have some plans for this story!

Love you guys
🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤