"Aren't you putting yourself before your friend? The faster we check the better she will recover," he mocked.

She looked towards me and said, "Sorry, you're right," she said slowly, "but I will be accompanying her."

"Okay," he said and then slammed the door shut like an angry kid.

Beatrice stood up and locked the door, proceeding to check the cupboard and drawers in the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Looking for a weapon, just in case," she replied as she searched through the entire closet.

I wanted to get up and help but I wasn't really in the best ability to move around when not necessary. I watched as she went through everything to only sigh and plop down on the bed exhausted.

"Not even a needle is here," she grumbled.

This was the perfect time for me to ask questions about this weird place. I flipped to her side and asked, "So if he is an alpha why does he work for the Crown prince?"

She looked at me in the eyes, there was a sadness in her expression but she covered it with a smile. She got and clasped her hands as she started explaining, "So the king looks after the various territories of his kingdom. Each territory has his own Alpha. We are from the moon kingdom. Got it?"

I nodded my head resting on my face as I laid down observing how much she moved her hands while explaining.

"The crown prince of silver kingdom, the place where we are at right now, had waged war against our moon kingdom by attacking us on the pretext that our king was trying to kill his mate. He only stopped when the king stepped down from the throne and made his elder brother the king though his brother was mateless. The crown prince's palace a bit far from here. I don't think he had gone to report to him or maybe the prince is here."

"How old is the prince?" He must have been pretty old to have gone through those lengths from his mate.

"Twenty years," she said furrowing her eyebrows, "I think."

"He is only twenty, then why is he so desperate for his mate?"

"To become the king he needs a Luna. Two years have already passed and he has still not found his mate. Not only the throne but according to him the life of his mate was also in danger."

"How will they know that who is his mate, I mean he accused your kingdom for trying to kill her?"

"The attack was sudden and there was no proof but just his words. We don't know if he was telling the truth or this was his way of seizing our territory," she said.

"Uhm, okay," I replied. All of it felt like a dramatic storyline and I couldn't really understand the situation.

I guess she read my face as she proceeded to strech her arms and starred explaining to me like I was a kid.
"Okay, this is going to be long. Pay attention," she said pointing towards me.

"I will," I replied like a diligent student ready for all the drama tea.

"Actually, the moon kingdom was searching for a way to find mates without having to search everywhere. Even Silver Kingdom had supported this, the crown prince himself gave his blood so that he could find his mate. It was said that they didn't succeed but the king of moon kingdom had other motives. It was declared by the prince that the king had conspired to kill his mate by finding her before him, no one knows if this was true or not as a war was raged without any warning. Though our army was considered stronger they had silently prepared for the war from before. The sudden blow resulted in heavy casualties, our king was dethroned and his elder brother was throned despite the fact that he had not found his mate yet. He could have taken our kingdom if there wasn't stern opposition from all the Alpha's because there was no conclusive evidence of his accusations. If he had still proceeded he would have only got a land razed to the ground, maybe he wouldn't have actually stopped if his father hadn't forced him. I can tell he's still looking for a reason to conquer our land."

What the hell did she just say? Is this maths class?

"On whose side are we on?" I asked, this is what matters. No one fights a freaking war unless they are just a maniac, so the one who instigated it must be bad.

"Our king who had himself suffered from the grief of losing his mate. Why would he do the same to someone else? He was a revered king despite having faults."

"So maybe it's the 'enemy' prince who is still looking for a reason to rage a war? And we are on the side of our Kingdom's king?" I asked confused and baffled from the situation.

"Yes, unless your life is at risk. That prince is still searching people and acting like he cares about his mate when-"

Someone knocked at the door.

"The healer is here," said the Alpha.

_____________________________________