six

The next day during class, Minho looked up and saw Jisung coming his way. He mentally braced himself, preparing for whatever Jisung would throw at him today. Jisung was full of surprises, after all.

"Hey, have you reconsidered what you said yesterday?" Jisung asked, taking a seat in the empty desk next to Minho's.

Minho shot him an unapologetic glance, shrugging his shoulders. "No, not really. Sorry, Jisung, better luck next time."

Minho began to turrn away, to go back to looking at his phone when he felt a tug on his sleeve.

"Actually, I have one more question," Jisung grinned. "I heard that you're really good at math, and I need some help on the homework."

Minho looked up at Jisung with a skeptical look. "Can't you ask one of your other friends? Or what about Namjoon? I heard that he's a genius."

Jisung pouted. Minho obviously knew what Jisung was trying to do, but he was playing hard to get. "But Minho, we're friends, right? I really need you. Without your help, I'll fail!" whined Jisung.

"Ugh, whatever, I'll help, but just so you know, I'm not great at math either. But if you're failing, I guess anything helps," Minho responded.

Jisung beamed then thanked Minho before bounding back to his desk like a little puppy.

"By the way you're acting, I'm guessing that it was a success?" Hyunjin asked unamusedly, to which Jisung eagerly nodded.

That afternoon, Jisung huddled his friends together in the library for a quick discussion.

"Okay guys, Minho's going to be here any minute to help me with math. We're going to sit at a table far away from you guys, so don't try to be idiots and don't embarrass me, okay?" Jisung whispered, looking each one of his friends in the eye. Jeongin nodded obediently, whereas Hyunjin and Seungmin had the audacity to laugh in his face. Felix just shrugged, not really caring about Jisung's little obsession with Minho.I

Changbin was still laughing. "But this is my time to prove Minho wrong! He's gotta fall in love with that weirdo!"

Minho shot a glare at his friend

"Guys! I'm being serious," Jisung pleaded, begging them to not be an embarrassment. "If you guys stay away, I'll buy the snacks for Felix's house."

The boys always went over to Felix's house to study or hang out whenever they had nothing to do, and Jisung always tried his best to maneuver his way out of paying for snacks. So, for him to be offering paying for it was a one in a million opportunity.

"We'll try our best, but no promises," Seungmin smirked. "Look out, pretty boy's coming."

Jisung let out a panicked yelp and quickly stood, meeting up with Minho and guiding him to a table as far away from his friends as possible.

The study session wasn't anything out of the ordinary, they simply worked through their homework together, although Minho had this feeling that Jisung actually understood most of the work almost better than Minho knew. They leaned close to each other and discussed the homework in low voices, and Jisung was able to understand most of the things that Minho was explaining, and he was actually able to solve some of the problems that Minho got stuck on. Minho had this suspicion that Jisung was smarter than he was letting on, but he decided to ignore it and continue to help, knowing exactly what Jisung's ulterior motives were. Minho grinned to himself, wondering what else Jisung had up his sleeve.