Sad Beautiful Tragic

Começar do início

"I'll be right there." I tell her and hang up. I have to leave, it's my duty as a mother. I walk back in and peek my head in.

"I have to go. My daughter, she hurt herself while playing. She's gong to the hospital." This comes with a very scared tone as I don't know how they're going to react.

"Why can't you husband or boyfriend or whatever go?" God why do they even care and why is my love life important to you?

"I don't-there's no father. I need to see her, she's only five. She needs me."

"Five? You're like 22." Why do they care, this isn't any of their business to begin with.

"I was 16, okay? 16 year olds are kinda stupid."

"I have a 16 year old daughter. I should definitely talk to her about protection I guess." I roll my eyes hearing this and just focus back on trying to leave.

"Please, I need to go." I plead.

"This is a very important meeting...fire worthy."

"You can't make me pick work or my daughter!" I snap.

"And why not?"

"Because I'll choose my daughter every single time but I need money."

"If you leave, I'm going to fire you. You're constantly late, ditch work, and now bail on an important meeting. That's not how a professionals behave." Is this even legal?

"Please." I beg and I feel like I might just go down onto my knees.

"Which is it?"

"I'll clean up my stuff tomorrow." I sigh and walk out the door. Small tears run down my face as I run out the building to catch the next bus. Just as the bus is leaving I run up to it and get on. I sit down and my legs shake. I just lost my job, the only thing that will help me from sinking into poverty. That's the least of my problems right now as Liv is in the hospital and I don't know if she's okay. The bus ride is excruciating, fear is the only thought in my head. My bus ride finally comes to an end but I still have to take a shuttle to the hospital. I quickly run to a nearest shuttle and throw in my stuff in the seat next to me.

"I need to go to the Long Island hospital. My daughter-I need the quickest way there." The driver nods his head and begins to drive. As he drives I see the transportation fee going up. 10 dollars...11...15. The driver comes to a stop at the hospital and looks back at me.

"16 dollars and 17 cents." He tells me. I look through my wallet for cash to pay with.

"I only have $9."

"I accept card too."

"Trust me, they'll all get declined. Just please help a girl out." I hand him the $9 dollars and open the car door.

"Okay. I'll accept this. If I see you again though, you owe me more."

"Understandable, now bye." I run through the parking lot and into the emergency room where I see Olivia getting stitches from a doctor. I walk up to her quickly and sit next to her.

"Mommy, you came!" She exclaims.

"Of course I did. I would never leave you alone when you're hurt."