Chapter 2

Cahira,Chris,and Jewel walked out to the deck.

Ceto and Mel were tying up some ropes together while exchanging conversation,Mel looked to them and smiled shyly"is there a problem,captain?"

Cahira nodded"come and join me in my courters,all of you."Mel nodded and walked over,Ceto following hesitantly.

Cahira then lead the group back to her room"we must discuss the urgency that is of us leaving the ship."Ceto gulped"leave?why would we ever leave?"

"I can sense that there is a problem arising with your new companions,Ceto.they need gifted ones,they need us three."Mel froze"o-oh I'm not gifted,I don't have any powers!"

Cahira stared Mel up and down"you cannot trick me Melinoe."Mel flinched"I see and know things,that is my gift.you do not need to share yours."Mel looked to the floor"do we have to leave?who will run the ship?"

"I'll take care of that,in the meantime you must pack up your bags."Mel nodded"yes,captain."he then ran off,Ceto looked back to Cahira with a panicked expression"Cahira,I can run the ship while you're gone.i do not have to leave."

Cahira put her hands on Ceto's shoulders making her freeze"Ceto,we will figure out your.."she glanced at Chris and Jewel"your problem when we get on land,I promise.I'll never let any harm come to you."

Ceto sighed"as you wish,Cahira."Cahira smiled"there you go,off to pack your bags!"Ceto nodded and ran off,Jewel spoke up"what's wrong with Ceto?"

Cahira avoided eye contact"it's nothing,you may stay in my courters till it is time to go."Cahira then walked out the door.

~~~~~~~

Jewel leaned against the wall as she thought of Sagie what did she mean?is something going to happen to me because of Chris?She looked to her brother who was looking at the ceiling completely bored.

No he'd never hurt me.Jewel smiled and sat beside her brother"what do you think mom and dad are doing?"Chris shrugged"probably worried out of their minds!"Jewel chuckled"we'll have a lot of explaining to do."

Chris nodded"if only this prophecy didn't land on us."Jewel rested her head on Chris's shoulder"look on the bright side,we don't hate each other that much."Chris smiled"yeah,I'll admit you're not a terrible sister."

Jewel nodded"especially if I have to save your ass all the time."Chris chuckled"you can just throw yourself off the boat,gives you less problems then having me as your little bro."

Jewel sat up"no way!i promised mom and dad I'd protect you from whatever the hell wanted to hurt you,and I intend to keep my promises!"Chris smiled softly"you're the best Jewel's."Jewel smirked"so are you Christy."

Chris groaned"why do you call me that?"Jewel chuckled"because it's cute."Jewel then got Chris in a side hug,though he was a bit taller so he had to bend down.