It was Friday evening and I decided to take the night off from work and finish doing my homework when Lala, Kassi, and my brothers came in. "What's up youngblood," James said messing up my hair before plopping down on my bed. "You ain't Uncle Lou," I said pushing his hand away. He laughed shaking his head. "Love you too." I rolled my eyes turning my attention to Kassi and Lala.

"Not that I'm not happy you're all here but why are yall here?" The two of them looked at me with these guilty smiles. "What happened?" They looked at each other. "Well, we're going out and—" "No," I said before Lala could even finish her sentence. "Come on. Please. This is our first Friday off in weeks let's do something fun. You need a social life outside of school and, or you'll end up going crazy." Kassi said with a knowing look.

"Yeah, bug. Not that I'm complaining about you staying in, but you are not about to turn into a hermit. So, get up and get dressed because we're going out." Ricky said. I rolled my eyes closing my books. "I don't want to go to a club or a house party," I said crossing my arms. "Good because we're going to a lounge," Lala said. I did love lounges. "Okay that'll work, but I don't want to be out too long," I said pointing at them. They all nodded. "Wait who's going to watch Maya and Jay?" I asked. "Maya is 16 she can watch Jay. You just need to get ready." James said. I sighed but walked into the bathroom.

--

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
I'm a woman's man, no time to talk
Music loud and women warm, I've been kicked around
Since I was born
And now it's alright, it's okay
And you may look the other way
We can try to understand
The New York Times' effect on man

I sang loudly as Lala, Cassie, and I danced with one another.

You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Feel the city breakin' and everybody shakin'
And we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive

We walked over to the bar and got some drinks. "See aren't you happy you came out," Kassi asked smiling. "Yeah. Yeah. I guess y'all were right." I said as Rini's Meet Me in Amsterdam began to play. Ricky and James came up and grabbed Lala and Kassi walking them back onto the dance floor. "Dance with me." I turned to see Cortez standing there. "What are you doing here?" I asked, but he grabbed my hand pulling me onto the dance floor with him.

I would sail across the world
Row this boat from dusk till dawn
To a place where we belong
Girl your body is calling me

There ain't no sunshine, no sunshine
Where I was before
But I found the Love the warmth in your arms

He hummed softly in my ear as we danced. He lightly kissed my neck sending a shiver through my body. "We missed you this week." He said pulling away just a bit looking down at me with a lazy smile. "I missed my free lunch," I said garnering a chuckle from him. "See I even missed your smartass mouth." He said as we rocked gently to Rini's melodic voice. I chuckled melting into his arms.

When I saw her in my dreams,
Never thought it meant a thing til I felt and
Touched her skin, when she smiles, my knees go weak

There ain't no sunshine, no sunshine
Where I was before
But I found the Love the warmth in your arms

I scanned the cozy lounge before my eyes locked with a familiar dark pair. Christian smiled sending a small wave my way before disappearing through a door. Cortez sang softly in my ear holding me close sending tingles throughout my body.