Emergency

Your Pov:

I was awoken out of my sleep by my phone ringing. Opening my eyes, I noticed it was dark outside. My clock read 4:35. I grabbed my phone and looked at the contact. It read:

'Trucy'

I quickly picked up, "Hello?" Trucy's voice came through, "Ms. (Y/n)! You need to come to the hospital, quick!" My eyes widened, "What?! What happened?" She spoke, "Daddy got hit by a car on his way home from work. I'm in the waiting room." I quickly got dressed, "I'm on my way, Trucy." Then, she hung up. I went out to my car and drove to the hospital. I quickly headed up to the waiting room. Trucy sat in one of the plastic chairs, looking quite solemn.

I sat next to her, "Have you heard from a doctor yet?" She shook her head, "No. They called the office phone and I came down here alone." I brought her into a hug, "He'll be fine, Trucy. He's a strong man."

30 minutes later, a doctor came out, "For Mr. Wright?" I stood, "How is he doctor?" The doctor looked at his clip board, "His skull collided with a telephone pole, but surprisingly, he has no brain trauma. Other than that, he is fine. We'd just like to keep him for a few days for observation."

I nodded, "Thank you, doctor. Can we see him?" He pointed down the corridor, "He's in room 1011." I grabbed Trucy's hand and took her to Phoenix's room. I opened the door and and stepped inside. It was one of those shared rooms, separated by curtains. Phoenix sat in the hospital bed, a few Steel Samurai discs next to him. They reminded me of Maya.

I spoke, "Phoenix, are you alright?" He looked at me, "Don't worry about me. I'm fine. Did Trucy call you?" I nodded, "Yes. I was so worried." Trucy hugged him, "I was worried too." Phoenix hugged her back, "Don't worry, Truce. I've had worse." He pulled away, "You should go home and get some rest, alright?" I spoke up, "I'll take her home." He nodded, "Ok. I'll see you later. I love you."

I smiled, "I love you too."

I took Trucy back to the office before returning to the hospital. I sat in the chair next to his bed and we watched the Steel Samurai until we fell asleep.

Time Skip...

I woke up at 8:00. Phoenix was awake, eating breakfast provided by the hospital. He offered me some but I declined. Phoenix left for a check up and an hour later, Trucy came in with that defense attorney behind her. I think his name is Apollo from what Phoenix told me.

A doctor I had never seen before also came in. Apollo spoke, "Are you the... doctor?" The 'doctor' nodded, "Ayup. Dr. Hickfield's the name. Eh he he." Trucy smiled, "Good morning, doctor." Dr. Hickfield spoke, "Oh, hiya there, Trucy. Cute as ever! Eh he he." Trucy looked creeped out, "Is...Is this daddy's room?" The doctor nodded, "Oh yah. 'Cept he's gone for a mornin' checkup. Be back soon. How're you, Miss Trucy? Got any places you'd like...examined? Eh heh..."

I quickly pulled her away from him, "Come here, Trucy." Just then, I heard Phoenix, "Doctor...the nurse was looking for you." Then, the doctor left.

Phoenix spoke to Apollo about the accident and asked him to find the person who hit him. He also told him to hurry back to the office since his real client would be there soon. Apollo turned to me, "Not to be pushy Ms. von Karma, but do you think you could help me on the investigation? As a former prosecutor, surely you know all of tricks to a trial."

I smiled, "Prosecutor in training, you mean. I never got the chance to take the bar exam. But, I'll help you out. My sister's still in the business, so I still have some authority in the world of law." Phoenix looked at him, "She's a genius when it comes to law. Imagine Miles Edgeworth multiplied by 10." Apollo nodded, "I got it. She'll probably knock down my case if I get one thing wrong."

I looked at Phoenix, "I'll be back later." I walked towards the door, "Come on, Apollo. We don't have all day."

Then, we were on our way to the scene of the crime.