Chapter 41: Surprise

Start from the beginning

"What-" She pouted, wondering why he had stopped their kiss so abruptly, "Kei..."

"What? You want more?" He smirked playfully.

She grimaced and swiftly looked away, refusing to answer his provoking remarks.

"Hey..." He pouted, his eyebrows knitting in frustration, "Princess..."

She ignored him, amused by how his teasing backfired. As a response, Kei planted soft and lazy kisses all over her face, causing her to smile automatically. She giggled lightly, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"That didn't work the way you wanted, huh?" Mizuki grinned lightheartedly.

"Nope." He mumbled, embracing her dotingly.

"So, what did you bring me?" She inquired, peeking at the bag he brought with him.

"This."

Kei let go of her and carefully took out a delicate, fuchsia flower with an amber hue at the center. She gasped softly, making sure she didn't crumple the flower as she reached out for it.

"It's a hibiscus flower," Kei stated, observing her astonished reaction, "I thought  that maybe you could wear it for our date tomorrow."

"It's stunning..." She smiled, gazing up at him, "Of course I'll wear it."

Mizuki tucked the short stem of the flower behind her left ear, displaying the smooth, colorful petals confidently.

"What do you think?" She asked cheerily.

"You look beautiful." He murmured, a soft smile forming from his lips.

"Thank you!" Mizuki grinned, her heart fluttering from his compliment, "How did you get this hibiscus anyway?"

"It's a secret," He revealed nonchalantly, "You'll have to find out some other time."

"Fine..." She sighed, tiptoeing up to quickly give him a peck on the lips, "See you tomorrow?"

"Kiss me properly first." Kei frowned, seemingly deprived of her kisses.

"Look who wants more now," She smiled slyly, "I guess I could give you one more kiss."

Mizuki pulled her boyfriend closer, and as their lips collided, their bodies sparked with desire and ecstasy. Kei deepened their kiss, his knees weakening, allowing himself to be consumed by her scorching touch.

"Toma-san! Sorry I'm late! I was-" Yachi scrambled up the stairs to find her and Kei fervidly kissing.

Mizuki jumped back suddenly, blushing, "Yachi! It's fine!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She repeatedly exclaimed, "I didn't mean to interrupt! Forgive me!"

Rina slammed her bedroom door open and said, "What's with all the shouting?"

Mina peeked from behind her twin and noticed how pink Kei's ears, as well as Mizuki's face, had become. Ah.

"Ohoho!" Rina chortled, clearly amused, "You interrupted them kissing, didn't you Yachi?"

"By accident!" She explained frantically, "I'm sorry!"

"It's fine, Yachi." Mizuki laughed gently.

"I'll see you tomorrow, princess." Kei cleared his throat, giving her a hasty kiss on her cheek.

"Princess?!" Rina scoffed disapprovingly, "Princess?! Stop making me barf!"

Kei rolled his eyes, and jogged downstairs to leave her house.

"Mizuki! Why do you have a flower tucked behind your ear?" Rina demanded suspiciously.