A Frozen Realm

Thor and Loki ran back to the portal to stop Odin. Loki held the book tight in his arm as if parting with it would be the end of the world.

"What's the plan, brother?" Thor asked.

"First of all, I suggest not losing Gungnir. Second, any source of power that they throw at us I will freeze and you destroy it with Mjolnir. Disarm as many soldiers as you can to give us the advantage. Finally, I will fight Odin myself."

Thor stopped running and grabbed Loki's arm before he could go any further. "You can't face Odin on your own. You don't even know how to use the Casket's power."

"No, but I'm the only one who can take him down."

"I told you not to do anything stupid."

Loki smiled his mischievous smile. "Oh, Thor, when have I ever listened to you?" He nodded toward the direction of the war and continued to run.

Thor laughed under his breath and continued to run after his brother.

The two brothers ran for miles toward the battle. After about ten minutes, they made it, but what they saw was horrific. Have they really been gone for that long?

No matter how many Asgardian weapons and soldiers they brought down, Asgard always had the upper hand. But what was before Loki was crossing the line.

A few Frost Giants were dead, spears and swords lodged in them. A lot of them were injured, most to the point of death, and there was no one to help them because all were trying to take Odin down. The women and children were brought out of their hiding places, swords pointed at their chest in case they tried anything. And, then, at the entrance of the temple, Laufey was pinned down by a furious Odin. No doubt that the king of Asgard was ready to kill him.

Thor looked to his left and saw Sif struggling to stand up. He ran up to her and helped her up. "I was not gone for long. What happened?"

"Odin. He's not holding back. He's too strong. At this moment, he will do anything to keep the Frost Giants from getting the Casket."

"Well, that problem is pretty much solved," Thor said, holding the weapons tight in his hands. Sif gave him a strange look. "I'll explain later. Right now we have to stop Odin before he destroys the people. What I don't understand is why he has so much rage within him."

"He won't talk."

Thor looked over to Loki who was running toward Odin and Laufey.

"Brother, what are you doing?"

Loki ignored him and kept running. Thor noticed that his hands were blue.

Odin held a sword in his hand, the tip touching Laufey's chest. His eyes were filled with rage, mercy nowhere in sight.

"You've gone back to your old ways, Asgardian," Laufey said, not caring about the results of his words. "All we wanted was the Casket. All I wanted was my son. What rage burns inside you that causes you to do all this, to murder the innocent? I thought you were suppose to be a benevolent king."

Odin didn't say a word. He stared at him with hatred for a few seconds before lifting the sword a few inches to stab Laufey. But before he could bring it down, a sharp shard of ice pierced his hand. He fell on his side and screamed as he held his injured hand.

"That's enough, Odin!" Loki yelled. "This has gone too far. Would you really murder my people?"

Odin turned his head toward Loki. He got up and held onto his injured hand. Then he walked calmly toward his former son. He stopped when his mouth was next to Loki's ear.