No Turning Back

The Asgardians made it to Jotunheim without anybody suspecting them. The realm was empty like the first time they came. Laufey must've hid the people who were not fighting. But other than that, the realm seemed to be in good shape. Nothing was broken or cracked. Everything looked strong and secure as if ready for battle. Loki smiled at Jotunheim's newfound strength.

Loki looked over at Thor, seeing how he was handling fighting for the other side. He looked confident, ready to defend the realm that he was once against. It seemed like he wanted as much peace between the two realms as everyone else. The others looked the same way. Loki was happy that he had them to fight alongside.

Laufey walked up to the Asgardians. "Everyone is armed and ready. The Casket is secured and guarded so that no one will get in. What do we do?"

"We wait. Don't go in head first or else we will lose. We're trying to end the war, not make it worse. We let them come to us and see if they are willing to make peace. We let them decide."

Laufey smiled down at his son. "You will make a wise king, wiser than any king that has ever reigned."

Loki didn't know why, but he cringed at Laufey's words. He didn't really want to be king anymore. A protector, maybe, but a king had much more responsibilities than he first thought when they were choosing the next king for Asgard.

But if he had to do it for his people, he would, but first he wanted to get to know them rather than believe the stories he'd been told. They're like everyone else, not monsters. They were people who were only looking out for the ones they cared about. Asgard was once the monster by taking over the realm by force. But none of that mattered now. The time for rivalries and revenge was over. No more families should suffer anymore losses.

Loki stood before all the warriors. He took a deep breath and began to give the orders. "Our primary concern is not the Casket. It's just another part of our weaponry, our last defense. What matters most are the people. This realm has already suffered enough for centuries and we need peace between the two realms. Don't let revenge and hatred take over your hearts, for that ended badly the last time. Be peaceful and let them come to us. If they want war, we fight, but if not, not one hair is to be touched.

"Heimdall, you stand in front of the temple, tell us when they arrive. Mother will stay with you. She will try to convince Odin to end it all before it starts. The Asgardians have a record of keeping the weapons vault safe, so they will be guarding the Casket. The rest of you will stand your ground and protect the people if war arises. Laufey and I will lead the fight. Got it?"

"We got it," Thor said.

Loki smiled at his brother. "Good. Once they arrive, it's now or never. There's no turning back."
---------------------------------------------------------
Odin was confused and irritated. He couldn't find his son, his wife, or his best warriors. He needed them to fight in the war. He and two of his guards walked over to the Bifrost to see if Heimdall had seen any of them. He hoped that their disappearance wasn't connected to the Frost Giants.

"Heimdall, I must speak with you immediately..." he started. Then he saw the empty dome. Neither the Watcher nor the sword that opens the Bifrost were anywhere to be found. It was impossible. Heimdall would never leave his post, especially under circumstances like this. Unless...

Odin didn't want to believe it. He refused to believe it! Heimdall would never betray Asgard. He was loyal to the throne, the king, the people, the realm. He wouldn't give up his loyalty to help the enemy, right? Neither would his son, wife, or his best warriors.

But it's time like these that he shouldn't assume. Assuming would only lead to disastrous results. He couldn't believe that there was a possibility that Loki convinced them to fight on their side.

Odin turned to the two guards that went with him. "Get ready for war. We are going to Jotunheim now and stopping this once and for all. I need to get my horse."

"But, my king, the plan," said one of the guards. "We--"

"Then assemble the plan. My son, my wife, my Watcher, and my best  warriors may be in Jotunheim right now. I will not let this go on for any longer. Loki is now an enemy to Asgard. Get the soldiers ready."

"Yes, my king," said the guard.

Odin walked toward the palace to get his weapons, his horse, and Gungnir.

He felt as if a sword was stabbing him in his heart. Loki, the son that he raised, the one that he made him who he is today, has betrayed him. He may not have been his flesh and blood, but he loved him truly as if he were his own. Loki misunderstood him when he found out he was a Frost Giant. He didn't take him in only because he could bring peace to both their realms, but also because he saw a baby abandoned and in need of a family, of love. Maybe Frigga was right, though. Maybe he should've told him what he was from the beginning, but he was just afraid that it would've messed up the plan.

"My king," said a guard walking up to him, "how will we get to Jotunheim without the sword?"

"There are portals that connect our realm to the others. That's how he got to Jotunheim without us knowing. We go through there."
---------------------------------------------------------
Loki paced around the temple nervously. He was worried that things may not work out, that the people would be in danger, and that even with the Casket the Frost Giants could lose. He was worried that he wouldn't be able to bring peace to the realms.

"Is this your first time fighting a battle?" Laufey asked, watching his son pace around nervously.

"No, it's my first time leading one. Usually Odin or Thor would lead the battle."

Laufey chuckled. "When leading a battle, there are no guarantees. Everyone wants to win and be successful, but that is not always the case. But if you lose, you learn from your mistakes. What matters most is that you're not alone. We are all here to fight with you whether we win or lose."

Loki nodded, but his expression didn't change. "Thank you, Father."

The two Frost Giants heard footsteps coming into the temple. It was Heimdall. "My prince, they have arrived."

"Then get the warriors and get ready to fight," he commanded. "No turning back."