Chapter 1 - First Day

(Shane's POV)

You know that person who just makes you feel different? The one who kisses you goodnight, or even sends you flowers. I honestly don't know if you can send flowers anymore. I'm so gay that it's actually hilarious. I haven't met anyone who loves me for who I am, and it sucks. I hear a car pull up to my drive way and car horn honk. That must me best friend, Liam Booker. I jump out of my chair and sprint down the stairs, excited for my first day of school. Actually, I take that back. I like the people at my school, but not the classes. Weird -  most people hate everyone besides their clique. I sprint out of my front door and slam it behind me. I open the car door, and the first thing that Liam says is, "Wow Harvey, you look pretty spiffy if I do say so myself." "Thanks Booker. I'm trying to impress a certain someone." I send a wink with my comment. "Nice job Shane, we haven't even been together 30 seconds and you're already hitting on me." Liam says smiling, and simultaneously punches my arm lightly.

About five minutes and a lot of ranting about this upcoming school year later, we're walking onto the majestic campus of Hester High, located annoyingly 7 miles from my house. We walk to our usual meeting spot where we wait for Amy and Karma. As we lean against the East Wing lockers, everything about last year comes back to me in a flash. Amy and Karma faking to be lesbians. Lauren getting her heart broken. Me outing Lauren's horomones pills. Lauren coming out as intersex. I've done a lot of fucked up shit, and I'm not proud of it. Amy and Karma stroll around the corner as usual, this time Karma carrying a tray of frappucinos. "Karma I fucking love you!" I shout, a little to gayily and loud. "Well Shane, you never fail to love me anyways." Karma replies annoyingly. "Shane that's its my job to love Karma, not yours." Liam remarks sternly. Amy pitches in - "Alright Booker, Shane is more likely to eat cow shit with cat urine on top than even kiss Karma on the cheek." "Thanks boo." I say while hugging Amy. As we release our hug, both of our heads perk up. Ever since Amy came out as a lesbian, she's been on the look out for a girlfriend. We see two best friends. Amy has her eye on the girl, mine on the boy. They don't even remotely notice us, which is a good thing because our jaws have dropped. The girl wears high-waisted jean shorts, a red and black flannel, black vans, and a black high-waisted shirt. The boy looks striking. He's wearing white vans, indigo skinny jeans, and a blue shirt, along with a white bow-tie and Ray-Ban sunglasses. As he turns his head, I know that I've dug myself a grave. My gaydar is off the charts.