A Love Like That- Part 1

(A cloudy morning, with almost no sun. Gokhan is sitting in a cafe with a cup of cinnamon tea in hand, waiting for Naz. His phone rings and displays 'Ali'.)

Gokhan: Hello, Ali?

Ali: Dude, where are you? I sleep in late one morning, and all of you are off already.

Gokhan: Uh, I had a date with Naz actually. She will be leaving for her trip by noon, and said that we should catch up.

Ali: Okay. I tried to call Oguz, but he isn't picking up.

Gokhan: Oguz had a second interview this morning, so he took off real early. What's up with Sinan and Yaprak? Shouldn't they be home?

Ali: Yaprak is moving her things from the dorm today, and Sinan is off to his mother's. He said he was going to work things out with her.

Gokhan: He will?

Ali: I don't know, man. He looked weird. Like he was pissed off.

Gokhan: Can't blame him. (pauses) Hey, Ali. Do me a favour. You are mutual friends with one or two of Naz's classmates, aren't you? Maybe you can ask them if the group that Naz is going with has guys too? And if possible, send me the pictures of those guys as well. Oh, oh! Send them a warning too. Tell them that Gokhan Karademir will be coming for them if they get anywhere near her.

Ali: (sighs) Goodbye, Gokhan. (hangs up)

Gokhan: (looking at the phone screen) He hung up. (shrugs) He will warn them. He is a good friend.

(Naz enters the cafe and approaches him)

Naz: Gokhan, hey.

Gokhan: Hey, Naz. Are you all packed up for the trip?

Naz: Almost. The guys are getting the RV ready.

Gokhan: (giving a nervous laugh) G-Guys? As in.. (clears throat) As in, boys?

Naz: Yeah, of course. Didn't I tell you? It's us four. Me, Burak, Kerem and Levent.

Gokhan: Uh, no. I would probably have taken a sledgehammer and...

Naz: Gokhan! Don't.

Gokhan: Naz. (clears throat, trying to keep his jealously in control) Naz. Do you have to go? Like, is it necessary? It is just a trip, huh? No big deal. We can go together, some other time, maybe?

Naz: Don't be an idiot, Gokhan. You know how important it is to me, don't you? I need the inspirations. I need the vibes.

(Gokhan is about to say something when there is a voice on one side of the table)

Merve: Gokhan!

(Both Gokhan and Naz turn towards the voice, Gokhan stunned and Naz confused. Naz then turns to Gokhan for an explanation)

Merve: Oh, Gokhan! How are you? (Before Gokhan can do or say anything, Merve flings her arms around his neck. Gokhan looks at Naz, who crosses her arms across her chest and leans back)

Gokhan: Merve?

Merve: Of course it's me, silly. I can't believe I ran into you.

Gokhan: But Merve, you were in Antalya...

Merve: I came here for the summer vacation. Meeting up with my cousins.

Naz: (looking at Gokhan) Antalya, huh?

Gokhan: (stammers and gulps) Naz, it is not like that...

Merve: (looking at Naz) I am sorry. Who are you again?