Chapter 14

It was late at night and I was wide awake in Luke’s bedroom. I couldn’t sleep knowing the person snoring next to me wasn’t my mate. I couldn’t stand it anymore and slid from his hold and tip toed downstairs. It was completely dark outside and I could hardly see as I stumbled throughout the house, the best I could. I finally reached the kitchen and took in a breath of relief that I hadn’t tripped and broke my neck. Even though I’m a hunter and all I still can be as clumsy as a boy trying on high heels. I also didn’t turn on any of the lights in the house, because Luke would think I was trying to escape. I swear if I even switch on a night light he is up and pinning me against the wall, floor, fridge, ANYTHING. He is so cautious whenever I leave his side. Honestly I would have run a long time ago, except for the death threat that is placed on Tyson and Aiden.

I went and closed the kitchen door and turned on the light above the stove. I went to the cupboard and quickly brought a mug down to the countertop. I quietly closed the cupboard and switched the light of above the stove. I filled the mug with hot steaming water from the sink in front of the window and then placed it in the microwave with a teabag. I pressed it for two minutes and leant on the counter. The moonlight shone through the window in front of me and I tried to relax at the sight of the moon. I closed my eyes after a while and thought of Tyson. My thoughts were cut after I heard a loud beep. I jumped slightly at the random beep and opened my eyes again, but what scared me more was the pair of red and orange eyes glaring at me from the other side of the window.

I gasped, my eyes widening considerably as I stared back at the pair of eyes just a wall away from me. Red and orange pair of eyes belonged to rouges. How had the broke through the pack territory! Luke had basically slathered guards all over the border to make sure I never escaped. So how in the hell did it get in? The microwave beeped again as if saying, “Hey dumb ‘A’ get your stuff.” I didn’t care about my hot cup of tea anymore, I was more focused on the rouge who was death staring me. As much as I hated to, I opened my mouth to yell for Luke. At least I wouldn’t be ripped to death with him around. I reached for the huge chef knives by the microwave and gripped one firmly in my hand. Before I word could get a word out of my mouth, the rogue jumped at the window. It smashed and in record time I was pinned to the kitchen cabinets.

 I screamed in utter horror as it stared right into my eyes. One of its huge, matted paws pressed my wrist at an awkward angle which was very painful. Just then I heard Luke yelling and as he got closer the wolf applied more pressure on my limbs. Why does this always happen to me? Once Luke raced into the kitchen and saw the situation he shifted in the blink of an eye and came barreling towards us. Thing is this is a huge kitchen. So as he was running the rouge took a big bight in my leg. I slipped down to the floor crying out in agony as the rouge barely escaped Luke. It was fast I will give it that. The rouge made a mad dash out the window and was presumably running off. Luke shifted back and came over to me, not caring about any clothing.

My leg was bleeding severely and my hands we covered in my own blood as I held them against the wound. Luke had mind linked the pack doctor. In a rush he reached for the kitchen towel, which hung off of the dishwasher. “This is going to hurt” he mumbled. Not even giving me a moment to comprehend what he had said, he tied the towel so tightly around my leg I thought it would pop off. Given the amount of blood I had lost and the injuries from a few nights ago which still haven’t healed, I was in deep doggy do doo.

Luke picked up the chef knife beside me and tossed it in the sink, not wanting me to cut myself. “Why are you such a danger magnet?” I groaned and glared at him. “It’s all in the looks” I mumbled sarcastically. He looked at me with a blank face and kept quiet for a few minutes. He was still trying to stop the bleeding when I felt myself slide down the cabinet, before I hit the tile, Luke had caught my head. Just then the front door was opened with force as some random splinters flew into the opposite side of the kitchen. Glad I wasn’t over there. Then a different man, I had never ever seen before rushed over with a medical kit.

It didn’t matter his name, his face, his urgency to help me, because I was slowly losing consciousness. That freaking rogue had bit my thigh deeply and it was still bleeding. “Charlotte!” “Luna!” My eyes rolled to the side and my head fell into Luke’s lap as I blacked out.