Chapter 2

I lay down on the couch with Buttercup. I really don't even know what to think of him. I hate him. But he's the only thing that I have left of Prim. I feel like if I couldn't protect Prim, I should at least try to take care of the thing she loved the most.
And besides, he's the only company I've had in months. The only thing that doesn't judge me or think I'm insane. ----------------------------------------------
I feel the adrenaline rush through my veins as I run as fast as my weak legs can carry me. Then it all turns into the thing I dread the most. The darkness.
I see a small figure slowly approaching me. Beautiful golden blond hair in a braid. A blue skirt and a white plaid shirt with an untucked tail in the back.
Prim
She stands there. As still as a statue. just staring.
"You didn't save me"
" You left me to burn"
" It's all your fault.
I hear her saying those words over and over again as I sit there helplessly crying.
Then I see others. Madge. Finnick. Rue. Cinna. The list goes on and on. All of my loved ones that suffered and died. Died because of me.
"It should've been you"
"You deserve this"
"Your a murderer"
I can't stand this anymore. I cover my ears in a desperate attempt to muffle the voices but it's useless as they get louder and louder. I start screaming at the top of my lungs just trying to block it all out. And I keep screaming and screaming hoping someone will hear me and take me out of my misery.
----------------------------------------------
My dry throat stings and I feel myself gasping for air, wiping my forehead that's drenched in hot, sticky sweat. Damn it. I let myself fall asleep. I knew this would happen.
I spot myself in a mirror on the wall and I finally get a clear picture of what exactly I am. A broken, pathetic, depressed mutt that has had any good thing completely stripped out of her life. All those horrendous scars and tears. I can't live like this anymore.
I grab a nearby lamp and throw it at the hideous sight in the mirror. It shatters into millions of pieces. I just sit there in my own mess and break into sobs
----------------------------------------------
Don't really know if anyone's reading this. Thought I'd just update cause it's been a while. Hope you enjoy! Don't forget to comment and tell me what you think
-gigi❤️