11. Full Circle

Lee Yong Jung, Lee Min Ho's sister, was looking troubled that day. The CEO of not only one but several companies, she made the time to visit MYM's office only once a week, every Monday.

It was late April, and she was a bit worried hearing the report from the PR Team.

"Studio Dragon's profit has increased. They reported the production cost had reached break even before the drama airs. We know the viewers in Netflix and Wavve really like the drama. Why are there so many local news that give negative reviews???"

MYM's PR Director replied, "Media play, probably?"

"Who's the one who get the benefit if his drama really flops?"

".....all the other dramas?"

"Hemph."

Yong Jung then turned to one of Minho's staff. She had followed Minho for years, and had to leave the filming location to attend the meeting.

"Is he doing ok?"

"Ne, Hwejangnim (CEO). He's focusing on filming."

"Does he notice the negative feedback from the media?"

"No. He's too busy memorizing his script and.... socializing onset."

The loyal staff only stumbled for a second, but Yong Jung caught that. She opted to let it go.

"Any health issues?"

"He has horse-riding scenes and running scenes. Sometimes he looks in pain and pats his own back and knee. We give him his medication according to the doctor's instructions."

"I told him projects with action scenes are dangerous, but did that fool listen to me? Of course not."

"He's sitting a little after standing for 20 minutes. But um--"

"What is it?" Yong Jung inquired, alarm bells ringing in her ears.

"You might want to see Lee Baewoonim's Instagram posts and the behind the scenes aired by SBS, Hwejangnim."

"Wae? I watch the drama itself, isn't it enough?"

"You might want to check those" the staff repeated carefully.

At that moment, Yong Jung ignored it, since she had other pressing matters to attend to, like his pictures for May to be used as Minoz calendar background, approving more employees for the PR Team, and listening to possibilities that might compromise his health.

"There would be a scene where he has to carry Kim Baewoonim. It will be filmed tomorrow."

Yong Jung frowned. "Can the scene be done without carrying her?"

"It's unnegotiable, Hwejangnim. Kim Eun Suk jakkanim (author) has emphasized the importance of that scene."

"Make sure his physiotherapist is on standby during that scene."

"Ye, Hwejangnim."

****************************

They had always been a close-knit family. Despite the wealth, their mother raised them herself, not delegating their growth on the hands of baby sitters.

Their mother cooked for them, ironed their clothes, and tuck them to bed.

Their father listened and knew their concerns. He had always been as far as the arms could reach.

When Min Ho was born, she had no time for sibling's envy. She was too busy to wait until he's old enough to be her playmate.

Through scaped knees and mischief, eating a lot and laughing a lot, the siblings became as close as twins.