3| Clearing Things Up

"So, how did the date go?" Lena says on the phone.

I tell her everything that happened. At the end, she says, "Man Kailey. Do you like him?"

I hesitate before saying, "yes, but I dont want to ruin our friendship or his relationship with that Jennifer girl."

"I bet she's a slut."

I laugh. "Yeah a fugly one."

"Yes! well I got to go. Blake just got home and is yelling at my mom for some reason. bye. love ya."

"love u to." Then the line goes dead.

I decided to watch Netflix until I go to bed.

Hayes POV (after his "date" with Kailey)

Man, after seeing Kailey today made me realize how much I missed her being around me. I am in love with Jennifer, but I think my feelings for Kailey are coming back. I don't know what to do. Kailey has perfect written all over her. I am going to screw up so badly.

I arrive at home and walk inside.

I hear Skylynn laughing and playing with toys. "Hayes is that you?" I hear Nash ask.

"Yeah, I'll be up in my room." I say.

When I'm up in my room, I decide to Skype Jennifer. I smile when her face pops up on my screen. She doesn't look so happy though. I can tell she is fake smiling.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I ask her. "You do look like yourself."

She sniffs as if she has been crying. "We have to break up, Hayes. I am so sorry."

"What happened?" I say then she starts to cry. "Jen, what the hell happened?"

"Don't be mad, but Josh and I hooked up last night. I still love you but I don't trust myself."

"YOU FUCKING CHEATED ON ME? YOU FUCKING SLUT BITCH!" I yell at her. "I gotta go."

I end the Skype call and I notice some tears rolling down my cheeks. How could she do this to me? I throw my pillow across my room and it knocks over a picture frame and it shatters. Nash runs into my room and doesn't say anything, he just gives me a hug.

"S-she c-ch-eated on m-ee with J-josh." I say in between sobs.

"Shhh, its okay bro." He says to me.

He leaves me alone in my room and I think of one thing, and only one thing.

I can make a move on Kailey now.