Chapter 6.5 Babysitting Part 2 of 2 and.. an unexpected guest?

Start from the beginning

As you wish.

Brightness filled my view but it did nothing as I could not see just the same like when it was dark.

Just know that there will be some changes..

Confusion filled my thoughts. "C-Changes?"

Without answering my question a portal appeared beneath my feet and pulled me down to an unknown fate.

Yes.. changes..

In the world of Azur Lane..

I slowly opened my eyes only to swiftly shut it again from the intense sunlight. Sunlight.. something I haven't felt for a long time when my soul separated from my hull. The familiar warmth, welcoming along with the calming breeze.

I reached up to my head and felt some fabric on it, after a certain amount of touching it confirmed my suspicions of a naval officer's cap.

I squinted my eyes as I used the cap to block the sun's rays, after the light settled to a more comfortable setting I stared at something that I haven't seen in a long time.

A Mk10 Guided Missile Launcher.

I walked up close to it and saw how short I was compared to it, actually abnormally short as well shorter than an adult is supposed to be when standing next to it.. unless..

I quickly ran towards railing and jumped over it to see my reflection.

Only to meet with the youthful face of a 10 year old.

I stared at the reflection for what seemed like hours with a deadpan expression. "Great.." I groaned. "Now no one will take me seriously when I'm a literal fucking child."

"Wait.." The implications of that hit me like a truck. "..I'm not supposed to be taking a full physical form am I?"

"There will be changes.." Ugh. I can still here that creepy voice.

"Ok! Now that's taken care of just need to see for my crew- wait a minute." I looked straight back towards the guided missile launcher and stared at the superstructure, my entire hull void of any crew.

"Oh.. fucking great, how am I gonna be able to move without a goddamn crew? Become useful again my ass.. SCREW YOU CREEPY VOICE!"

And at that moment the entire vessel hummed, evidence of my reactors activating.

"Hmm.." I put my hand to my chin. "Go 30 degrees North, speed 15 knots."

The hull started to move from the command, surprising me that the command actually worked. "I'm gonna like it here.." I grinned.

I then promptly sat on the bow while the ship moved through the waters of an unknown ocean. "Huh." I realized "Now where am I gonna go.."

I shrugged, "So it's just gonna be a sail and pray for land type of thing then? Dunno about fuel but I think I don't need it right now, speaking of which how am I gonna take in fuel?" I shook my head. "Best to keep those questions for later."

Unknown to me, a pair of glowing yellow eyes were watching from above.

Ayanami's POV