In the church...

I walked into the church.

No.

I ran in, my eyes stinging with salty tears. I had officially snapped. No more hiding.

I kneeled at the post asking for the god's forgiveness.

Wait. Do you think it's that kind of story? No no no no no. I'm not getting all preachy or that kind of crap.

It is the place where I come to think about life, if any of it's real, or if it's just a game to determine our life after 'death.'

I wonder if I was on this world before but don't remember it. You know, that reincarnation actually exsists.

I come here every Wednesday night, but it was an emergency, even though they close early on Tuesdays, which is today.

I had just come in from a wonderful day at school, thinking I should be a grade level higher.

My mom and dad were sitting on the same couch.

On was on one far end cusion, the other on the other far end cusion.

They were together, but separate.

'Skylar. We are getting a divorce.' My mom said blandly.

My eyes filled with shock.

'Don't tell your brother. He will be devastated.' Said my dad.

'So what? You are just going to keep it hidden from him? He's not stupid!'

'Skylar, just calm-'

'Calm down?! I am tired of keeping secrets. You always said I knew it all. You all were an open book.' I continued wiping away a tear. Haven't seen one of those in a while. 'Guess I was wrong. About everything.'

'You're sad,' my mom started, ' Here have some tea-'

'No, get away from me.'

'Where do you think you are going young lady?'

I knew exactly where I was going which is how I ended up here in the church at this moment.

'I am going anywhere but here. That is all you need to know. I will see you tomorrow afterschool.'