Applying to Mars

Life is always an adventure for Marseilles Kyline Torres or mostly known by her friends and family as Marky. Marky may seem like a guy's name but it doesn't bother Marseilles as she had been referred to as one of the boyish types of girls in their school and she's used to it. Afterall, she is the team captain of basketball team with a body of a Victoria's secret model. She never really was the girly type because she had been raised by her dad Marciano alone. She never met her mom. She heard of her but never really cared, her dad was enough. Marky wasn't a feminine type but guys surround her because she has a great physique along with a face of a cheerleading captain. She's half Filipino and half British, getting the best physical aspects of both of her parents. Her mom's height was 5'11 while her dad is at 5'10. Her dad has a typical surfer hunk look and her mom, as she had seen on pictures looked like a blonde barbie who loves the beach too much. They used to live in the beach but her dad needed to forget the place where he met Marky's mom because he was deeply heartbroken. Marky always felt like life was always in her favor. Especially in the Philippines. She was popular and is better looking than anyone she met. She felt special. It was too predictable for her and she didn't like how everyone expected her to do well in the future because of what she looks like. She kinda looks like a younger version of Catherine Zeta- Jones with lighter mahogany brown hair. One day while she was scrolling through her facebook timeline, she saw what had captured her eyes and maybe was the answer to her dreams! "NASA hopes to provide a better life in Mars. Apply now and you might be part of our journey to a new society.", this advertisement may seem too good to be true, but with technology that our scientists and inventors continuously develop, this is not far to reach. She thought to herself, "Why not? Everyone's got a chance to live the American dream." Surely Philippines is too small for her and she wants to achieve something other than be dubbed as a pretty girl. No one would enjoy Mars, everything there is rocks and a full load of NASA equipments. She had that thought for a moment. But then, she also knew this experience is once in a lifetime. She was happily reading the the article when she read the part where it says, "We will only choose one participant per country.", She sighed. How on earth would she be chosen when in her country, brainiacs and smarty-pants are everywhere? Even people proclaim themselves to be geniuses without proof. She is smart, but not too galactic smart. Now all she's got is pure luck. Will Marky be part of the mission to Mars?