~21~ Shaken up stargazing

Start from the beginning

"Indeed we have. Now, hungry or not, I want you to at least eat something. Unless I need to bring up our little talk from the study?"

I hold a breath - looking at the male who studied the ruby hued ring on his pinkie finger. My head shakes only just - my gaze flicking to the blonde and her half-smile before I let my shoulders fall. "N-no..." I whisper and he smiles, drawing his eyes back to my frame - and his wrist rolls.

"Well then...best hurry before your tea gets cold." He gestures to the small plate that sat in front of me - and with an inhale of breath I puff out my chest, turning my pouting gaze of irritation to the gentle hues of the pastries decorating the glass surfaces.

The royal male knew exactly how to get under my skin. I hated it and he knew that too.

°
°
°

~~~ Time skip ~~~

°
°
°

The hours ticked by slowly - had been spent practically glued to the king's side. Uneventful - at least to me - meetings and talks with generals, soldiers, and the occasional mumbled thoughts spoken out loud as the male looked over papers. Wherever he went I went with him, whoever he talked to I had to listen while his hand held mine 'for good measure.'

But at the moment my mind was numb, empty of all thoughts as my saddened (e/c) eyes stare up at the dark, cloudy canvas of the sky peppered with twinkling stars.

My hands were hanging by my side, my shoulders loose as my head sat tilted back, my expressionless face pointed up as if I were waiting for the non-existent rain to roll down my face.

I had a moment of time somewhat to myself - a moment of clarity and fresh air while the king went over and signed the last of the papers needed for that day.

I was currently outside in the east terrace garden, standing at a circular intersection where an elegant marble fountain sat in the middle - marking where the pathway would then split off in four directions. The soft green field of grass was reminiscent to a painting - a breath of freedom spreading the distance between the castle and its wall, and was brought out more by the many long patches of flowers and neatly trimmed bushes.

Fifteen minutes had passed by silently like a song one couldn't hear - joined not even by the usual chirps of crickets or rushing streams of water. It was made to seem elegant, a gorgeous array of flora I wasn't paying attention to. 

"I wonder..." I say, my voice barely a whisper as I let a newer thought sink in - one that twitched my brow into an emotion I was frustrated with. "I wonder if they've given up looking for me."
My gaze falls to the patch of soft hued flowers a few feet to my left - the carnations easily catching my gaze - and as if I were drawn to the plants, I walk over to and kneel down in front of them. I rest my frame down on my knees, my features just as gentle as the hand I raised to the petals that threatened to turn to dust if not handled with the upmost care. 
A saddened smile tugs at the corners of my lips, wanting to be expressed.
"Do you think my family has...do you believe my family has put my soul to rest?" 
My hand pulls back to dry the glossy sheen of tears from my eye.

"Your highness?" Sean's voice was comparable to a whisper.

I swallow, glancing back up at the dark, cloud covered sky as I place my right hand on the stone ground beside me - the hard surface cold to the touch - and I slowly move my body to lay down on my back as I then look up at the twinkling stars. My (h/c), loosely braided hair was spread around my head, my hands waiting patiently over my abdomen as my legs lay slightly bent towards the right.
I exhale softly, the saddened smile returning to my face, and at the point of quiet thoughts, I felt oddly peaceful.