❊Chapter 1❊

{Katniss POV}

I hear the rustling of the leaves the deer must be closer than I thought. I load my bow and tiptoe my way closer to the Deer. I draw my bow back and aim for the chest, I release my arrow and it strikes exactly where I hoped for. The Deer collapses and I rush to get it so I can trade for milk, Now that I don't have Lady we have to trade for milk. On my way to the new Hob I see the little kids coming out of the preschool me and Peeta used to go to. Than I start to think maybe I do want kids? "NO!" I accidentally shout! " I can't have kids it's to dangerous what if Peeta has an Episode! And I'm holding the baby!" I say in my mind I shake off the thought. After 10 minutes of walking I reach the Hob. Usually it's closer but since I was in the woods it was a bit farther away. I shuffle over to Greasy Sae and she instantly accepts my trade. She hands my the gallon of milk and I give her a small smirk. As I walk to Victor's Village I stop at Peeta's bakery to see if he is there. I walk in the brick house and see through the glass window that Peeta is decorating cupcakes for a party. I walk in and Peeta flashes his head up when he heats the bell. "Hey" he utters now concentrating on the beautiful design he is doing for the cupcakes. "Hi I wanted to see you" I explain. He steps out of the kitchen and rushes to my arms and gives me a warm hug and I don't hesitate to hug back. We finally release each other from our embrace and Peeta gives me a quick kiss on the lips. " I'll see you at home!" I shout so Peeta can hear me in the kitchen, " Love you Katniss" Peeta yells but I'm out the door before I can respond.

•End Of Chapter 1•