Chapter Eleven

As Danny looked into the mirror, it reflected the face of a sad man. His eyes were red and tears were flowing from them. All Danny could think about was needing to get his shit together. It kind of sucked when Danny couldn't even do this because of James. This one guy was distracting the shit out of him. Danny's never felt like this since Lucas but it wasn't this strong that he had to go to the restroom to cry about seeing him kiss Alice. What was wrong with him? They'd kissed a dozen times so why did he feel so shitty now?

He breathed in and out. Calming his nerves was all he could do. Danny wasn't about to let this steer him away from his goal which included leaving the hell hole which was his high school. It was all a game he reminded himself. He needed to get through this. The end goal was so close. First semester was almost over and finals was near. That's what he should focus on, finals. Not some fucking delusional fantasy.

"Focus..." Danny told himself as he walked outside the boy's restroom.

Luckily, the bell had rung and he was able to escape to his AP Biology class. No tests today so he was relieved about that since he had spend the previous night thinking about James. It was the first time since dating Lucas that Danny had been steered away from his academic goals. But Danny was determined to pass his classes and get away from this small town. He wanted nothing more than a simple life filled with the best the world had to offer. Mainly he wanted to meet the famous people that actually deserves to walk the red carpet. Those people that changed the way the world actually was viewed. He wanted to meet Stephen Hawking and Tim Berners, actual people who changed the world.

After class was over Danny was debating wether he should just go out and drive to Lucas's place or not. He knew his mother wouldn't mind since Lucas and her mother where close. Danny decided it would be better to go to Lucas's home for a little while at least. As Danny was turning on the engine he heard someone shouting his name but he drove off anyways thinking it was his arrival Xavier, who was a dick beyond dicks.

He got to Lucas's house. It was small and blue and had a classic homey feeling to it. His father no doubt kept the lawn looking beautiful since he did run a gardening business. Danny knocked on the door expecting to Lucas burst out since he hadn't seen Lucas all day at school but was surprised to be greeted by Mr. Hart himself.

"What're you doing here?" Mr. Hart said with a smile.

"I was looking for Lucas." Danny said.

"He must've gone off with one of this friends or something." Mr. Hart said as he walked into the house which held a lot of fond memories for Danny.

The living room with a DVD player and watching Star Wars with Mr. Hart and his son Lucas. They both love watching the original trilogy and made it a tradition to watch it at least once a month. This brought a kind of warmth to Danny's heart. Memories of his relationship with Lucas made him smile. It was those moments that made Danny miss what they used to have.

"So what has my favorite smartass been up to?" Mr. Hart gave his signature goofy smile.

"Nothing much just studying and getting As in my classes." Danny felt so comfortable in Mr. Hart's presence.

Mr. Hart was the kind of father that was strong and brave. He loved Lucas to death and instead of being consumed by depression after his wife's death he was filled with a hope and love for his son. Lucas had said his father wasn't always this jolly and nice but there was certainly no trace of dark Mr. Hart anywhere whenever Danny was around, at least.

"That's not what Lucas has been telling me though." Mr. Hart winked at me. "There must be a boy in my son's life."

"Well, I see Lucas told you." Danny said with no surprise.