Chapter Four

"So that's the infamous Danny." Kyle said after Kat told him everything.

"Why hello there." Rod came into the room with his arms crossed on his chest.

"You look so mad, honey." Cassandra came from behind putting her hand on Rod's shoulder.

"I'm not." Rod smiled. "I'm glad you came back unscathed."

"I'm glad, too." James told his older brother.

"Oh, Kat so do you need any help with the wedding planning?" Cassandra jumped up and down happily.

"Yeah, sure." Kat smiled wickedly. "You'll help me with everything."

"As long as I'm not stuck listening to Rod's crazy hospital stories." Cassandra said. "I still love you, babe."

"I will always love you, crazy." Rod just chuckled and blew her a kiss.

"Okay enough of the lovey dovey crap." Kat said. "Help me!"

"Okay." Rod looked at James. "Tell me! What's happened?"

"What do you mean?" James's eyes darted to the side. "There is nothing to tell."

"There is because I know when your sad."

"There isn't. And I'm not sad."

"You're definitely sad."

"Well, you're wrong."

"Just tell me."

"How can I when there is nothing to tell?"

"Danny Knowles."

"What?"

"It's Danny, huh?" Rod got up and looked James in the eye. "You made your choice James."

James turned around and got up. Rod just looked at James as he walked away. That's when he felt hopeless. How could he get Danny back? He has Kyle but his feelings for Danny are way more intense. But what was he thinking? Those feelings are probably gone for Danny.

________

Kat drove as Kyle kept telling her about all the crazy stuff that happened to him over the past year and how me and him met. Damon sat next to James.

"You really are kind of crazy though." Damon said. "Why would you think he'd come back?"

"What do you mean?" James asked.

"I don't even think he's coming to the wedding."

"He is. He told Kat he is."

That's when the car stopped abruptly. Right in front of us was Janice. The fiery red hair flew in the wind. She looked gorgeous. The way Kat looked at her made James realize just how infatuated Kat was with Janice. They basically locked sights for a couple of minutes. James could only imagine just how shitty it must feel like to be so close yet so far from someone you love. Danny felt so long gone.

Kat got out of the car and ran to Janice. She hugged her and just watching the way they hugged made James's hope grow. Maybe... Just maybe when Danny sees James he'll get those feelings for him.

"So who is that?" Kyle turned to look at James confused by the sudden appearance of Janice.

"A long lost love apparently." Damon said.

"They seem perfect together." Kyle smiled as he saw them hug. "No offense to Kelly though."

"Yeah..." James just kept thinking about Danny almost forgetting about Kyle.

What would he do about Kyle?

"Hey, love." Kyle said. "So I heard there was a gay dance club called Sainted around these parts. Can we please go?!"

James smiled and said, " Of course."

_______

The next day James awoke to Kat looking at him. James got up confused by his sister's presence in his room.

"What's up, sis?" James asked.

"I still love Janice." Tears started to fall from her face. "I'm still fucking in love with her crazy ass. She's still in love with me but.... Kelly."

"So now you see how I feel." James chuckled.

Kat hit him and laughed a little.

"It sucks. But I've made my choice and I'm gonna stick with it. I love them both but there was only one who stayed with me." Kat smiled at her brother. "I need to also make a good example. Loving two people is hard but I know I can't share so I might as well choose. I'll always choose Kelly though."

"Are telling me to stay with Kyle?" James looked at his sister hoping for an answer.

"You've both moved on." Kat leaned in and kissed her brother on the forehead. "You just need to realize that you've moved on too."

There was a knock on the door. Kat rubbed her eyes to take away the tears. She nodded at James when she saw it was Kyle.

"Are you okay, love?" Kyle said hugging Kat.

"I'll be fine." Kat said. "He's a keeper James."

She smiled and waved them goodbye.

"So... I want to talk about Danny Knowles." Kyle said worryingly. "You told me everything about you and him and the way you said what happened made it seem like it was in the past. I can't help but feel like it isn't. I can't help but feel like what you two had is here. Now I know feelings don't just go away and the way you guys ended things... It just seemed like there was no real closure. And I know he's coming. I guess... What I'm trying to say is... I trust you. You wouldn't hurt me like that, right?"

James saw Kyle's eyes and couldn't help but feel the uncertainty that Kyle was feeling. He had say yes. Kyle was so loving and he was so forgiving about all the stupid shit that James did as an author. Kyle was there even through the emotional shit storm that was not being able to get published. He was there for such a long time... Always loyal and beautiful.

"Of course, I wouldn't."