𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 || 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥

Start from the beginning

Nathan seemed to get most of his looks from his father, the light green eyes, dark hair and sharp jawline definitely came from him. But the curly hair came from his mother, who was a platinum blonde woman that looked like a goddess. Nathan's sister looked more like their mother but had the same eyes as her father. You couldn't deny that they're a very attractive family and kind of reminded Francine of the Beckhams.

The teen stood awkwardly, not saying anything until someone would notice her, she watched the other people in the room interact. Christopher had a genuinely interested look on his face as he listened to whatever Nathan was saying. She moved her eyes to her mother and almost laughed at the difference from her husband. Katerina had a fake smile plastered on her face, nodding along to the words the couple was saying to her. She definitely wasn't paying attention to whatever was going on because her eyes kept darting around the room, not ever meeting the man or woman in front of her. That was one thing that stayed the same with the woman, when she didn't care about what you were telling her, she wouldn't look at you because she'd be lost in her thoughts. Francine did the same thing sometimes.

Katerina's eyes gazed around until she met her daughter's, she tapped the other woman's shoulder, her once fake smile turned larger as she gestured to the girl. Francine just stood there as the other two adults her mother was speaking to turned to her and took in her attire. "Natalie, Kane, this is my daughter, Francine."

After hearing the woman speak up, the rest of the room turned into the direction of the tall girl. She wanted to shrink from all the attention on her, almost as bad as earlier that day when she was apologizing to the pogues. Francine sent everyone polite smiles and did a little wave, which was unnecessary, but you couldn't blame her, she was nervous.

The blonde haired woman, Francine assumed was Natalie, smiled warmly at the girl. It was a fake smile, but to anyone else it would be comforting. The dark haired girl was always good at seeing what was genuine and what was fake. That's probably why she didn't have many friends who were kooks, most of them were two faced so she could tell. The girl always thought that the reason she could tell things like that, was because she got a vibe from people and she'd get a gut feeling to stay with or away from them. Everyone always told her to trust her gut. Natalie walked over to Francine and put a hand on her shoulder, "Hey, I've heard so many good things about you. This is my daughter, Zoey and I'm sure you already know Nathan."

Francine nodded, forcing a smile, she wasn't going to put a giant fake grin, that would make her a hypocrite. She moved her gaze from the woman in front of her to Nathan, he was already looking at her, they made brief eye contact but she looked away quickly. Her attention went back to Natalie who was now sipping on her drink, waiting for Francine to answer. "Yeah, I met Nate at the beach cleanup yesterday."

"I know, he wouldn't shut up about you when he got home." Natalie grinned, an amused expression on her face as she embarrassed her son. Nathan clenched his jaw and looked at the ground, Francine could see the blush creeping up his neck onto his face from his mother's statement. The one gesture made the girl reevaluate what this boy was actually like. Maybe she judged too fast at the party. He might have just been showing off because his friends or he might have just been having a bad night. She didn't know but she might be willing to give him a second chance.

Nathan looked up from the ground and looked like he was going to say more but a few knocks at the door cut him off.

     "Fran can you get the door," Christopher asked his stepdaughter.

     The girl turned around quickly so no one could see her eye roll. As she left the room, everyone got back to their initial conversations before she was introduced. She made her way to the door, opening it right away, knowing who was at the door already. The Cameron's were the only other people coming to her house that she knew about.