“Don’t disrespect me dog!” I had to step in once again.

Liam had let go of me so I stepped in between the pair. When Victor put his hand on Caine’s shoulder to make him back off, Caine growled viciously at him. He made Victor back off not just from touching him, but a few steps back.

“You’re not better than me, dog,” Liam mimicked.

“I’m Alpha of this pack.”

I rolled my eyes at Caine’s words. If he was trying to scare Liam with his title, it was the wrong way to go. Liam hated Alphas, he didn’t fear them.

“I know who you are. You were in Midnight Moon a few weeks ago, helping out Dylan,” Liam said, like if he was bored with the conversation.

“Who do you think you are, coming here, defying me?”

“Charlotte happens to be my sister,” Liam said, smirking darkly at Caine.

Liam wrapped his arm around my waist and rested his hand on my stomach. Smoothly, he moved me towards him.

When I looked up at Caine, who I thought might have a fit with Liam’s actions, I was completely stunned.

Caine looked between Liam and me, and then back to Liam.

“He’s your brother?” Caine asked, sounding confused.

I sighed, and shook my head at him disapprovingly.

“He is,” I replied.

I would have to explain everything to him, at another time when I was sure Liam and Caine wouldn’t go at each other’s throats.

“Oh… well,” Caine said.

He ran his hand through the back of his hair, and fuzzed it up. He looked uncomfortable, and his eyebrows were scrunched up.

“I don’t give a damn whether you know she’s my sister or not,” Liam told Caine.

When he turned to me, his eyes hardened. “What the hell is this guy doing here and why did he break in?” Liam asked, circling his arm around my waist to turn me to face him.

“I, uh...” I muttered.

I wanted some privacy, from Caine, Victor, and the other pack members.

“I need to talk to him,” I told Caine, turning to face him for just a second.

“He’s not going anywhere,” Liam said, and a low growl rumbled through his chest.

“Please tell me that isn’t what I think it is,” Liam’s words were practically an order, as he pulled my hair back and stared at the claim in my neck.

“Charlotte is my mate. I claimed her,” I heard Caine’s low steady words.

I cringed when Liam’s hand tightened around my neck. His breathing hitched up, and the growls erupting from his chest were continuous.

“You’re hurting her. Let her go,” Caine snarled, trying to pry me from Liam’s arms.

“You let him do this?” Liam asked me.

His dark eyes looked at me with disappointment. I had to look down. I wanted to apologize to him, even though I didn’t have any control of Caine the day he claimed me.  I felt even guiltier because now that Caine had claimed me, I was happy with it.

“Let. Her. Go.” Caine said in a threatening voice.

“Don’t even go there, Alpha,” Liam said in the same tone Caine had used.