"The X-Advisors..." Part LVII...

Start from the beginning

So, an alternate Leonard exists at Austin, named Walter.

Now true, Amy, adult, would never consider...I mean she's landed Sheldon Cooper, come now.

But Amy in "Penny" mode...

At least thank the Powers That Be, there's no other...

"Guys!" a cry. "I have a good one..." another figure approaching...Tall and bespectacled...

Amy stared...

Is that a Batman T-shirt...?

"How many neutrinos does it take to fill Schrondinger's Box? Unnht, unnht..." chortle.

It can't be...Young Sheldon blinked. Of course I did see these clowns before in other classes, but never in the right context...

"Come on, it'll quantum teleportationally knock your socks from your feet to Harvey's, Walter." Tall and Bespectacled noted.

Unnht, Unnht.

"Fine, Homsley...How many neutrino does it take to fill Schrondinger's Box?" Walter, patiently.

"None, now...But next time you check...An infinity...Unnht, unnht, unnht..." Homsley chortled. The others rolling eyes.

"Hello." He eyed "Penny". "Could you go sit over there? My friends are too easily distracted by their hormones. And that's my chair, I always take it for classes here. My name's on the underseat."

"Homsley!" Walter frowned. "Let her alone. And I've told you you can't claim a lecture hall seat as yours."

"Excellent advice, if only the rest of you would carry it out." Homsely, annoyed tone. "We were supposed to be comparing class notes before class. It's now ten minutes to class."

Amy, glance to young Sheldon...Whoa.

Don't worry...And please don't tell Sheldon, adult.

"Oh, yes..." Homsley had caught her gaze. "Found the class mascot, have you? That's Sheldon Cooper, wunderkind from East Texas Tech, of all places..." glare at the New Genius on the Block.

And you're...His Dennis Kim? Amy stared at young Sheldon.

Meet my (junior) nemesis...His look returned.

Though only in Science...He frowned at Walter who glanced over at him with friendly smile.

"Homsley, Sheldon's a nice kid and away from home. Don't be such a doofus. Hey, Sheldon." Wave.

Yeah. Young Sheldon, grim look, bare trace of wave.

Never thought this one would be the greater threat...

But till an angel...At two stages...Dropped in my lap, I never had to consider the emotional aspect...

"Greetings, mates..." a cheery British-accented voice...

Though I suspect my truest nemesis may prove such on the battleground of Love as well, young Sheldon grimly noted, eyeing the new arrival... A dapper, tall fellow in British tweeds and sweater...

Amy staring...

"Well, hello, there..." the latest arrival beamed at her...Harvey and Bernie backing away at once, anticipating rout...

It's over...May as retreat with dignity...

"I'm..."

"Wil Wheaton..." "Penny" blinked.

"You know I get that a lot...But no, I'm a little older than the young fellow on 'Star Trek'..." the spitting image of Wil Wheaton smiled at her.

"Hey, Ashely." Walter smiled at him. "This is...Uh..."

"Ashely Breford Smythe, at your service..." Ashely offered hand which she took.

"Penelope...Smith...Hi." "Penny" noted, shaking hand.

"Ah, an American cousin." Grin.

"Ashely is a visiting student from England..." Walter noted. "From the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge..."

Overhyped, long fallen to second-rate...Young Sheldon thought, grimly.

Still, lets be wise here. Ashely's flash-in-the-pan charm is nothing compared to Walter's sincere concern and overall lovableness.

...

University of Austin Medical Center...

MRI Diagnostic Unit...

"Can I help you, sir?" a unit clerk eyed Sheldon as he stood in front of her counter spot, in cowboy hat, moustache carefully placed if a bit droopy, peering to see into the back area for any sign of Susan.

"Hmmn?"

"Are you here for a procedure...? Can I help you?"

"Oh...Why little lady you surely can..." he drawled to the large woman eyeing him from behind the glass shield on her counter. "I'm tryin' to hook up with a friend of mine, a little filly named Susan Stein who was gettin' one of them there 'MRIs' today? Right now, as a matter of fact... Any chance you could check and see when she might be done? I'm supposed to take her home?"

"Just a minute...No, sorry. No one by that name is due in today. Perhaps you're looking for another lab or date?"

"Well...I coulda sworn I done saw the little lady being wheeled in jest before I came in. You're sure? Tall blonde filly, real purty. Like you." He tried what he took to be an engaging smile.

"Are you all right, sir? You seem to be in pain?"

"No, no...Jest fine. No one of that description came in? Jest now, maybe?"

"Well, a couple of blonde ladies are in getting procedures...But none of that name."

"I see...Well, might I rest a spell on your bench here? I see you got all the fine magazines. Maybe she's one of those ladies...Young, late twenties? Real purty, like you. She might not have given her real name."

"Far as I remember they were both 'real purty' sir and in their twenties. But why would she not give a real name, it's part of her record."

"Well...She got this really abusive type husband...Bad news all round, you know? She tries to keep from using her real name."

"Oh?" eyeing him.

"I'm her...Cousin...George Cooper? Pleasure to meet you, ma'am."

"Cousin. I see. Well, sorry, I can't give you the names of our patients but you can have a seat and wait, if you like."

"That's truly kind of you, ma'am. I'll just set my self over here and maybe have one of those de-licious beverages from your soda machine. Thank you." Bow of head, sauntering over to machine.

And Penny says acting is hard...

"Gretchen?" the large woman had moved from her seat. "Can you get Hospital Security to check that dude in the cowboy hat out? I think he might possibly know our Jane Doe in the MRI room...There's something about him that seems pretty off. I don't want to walk away and let him to think I've called anyone but he worries me."

"Sure..." nod. "You think he's...Boyfriend, husband?"

"Could be. Claims he's cousin to someone matching her description getting an MRI here. But just tell them we want him checked, he's not done anything yet. Could be he's telling the truth and just weird."

"You got it, Tammy." Glance over to Sheldon now taking seat and smiling to them, with wave to Tammy. "Yeah, he looks like the type. She was banged up pretty bad when she first came in, I hear."

"Yeah...Thanks, girl." Tammy returned to her seat, smiling a bit woodenly at Sheldon who raised his soda in acknowledgement.

Yeah, those narrow eyes look creepy...And that tache? Come on... He looks like Snidely Whiplash.