I started drifting off with my thoughts again as I looked at him eat his fries while reading something from his phone.

I mean, I guess we have started being close. It would be weirded if we haven't since it's been 2 weeks since we've been having lunch together.

It wasn't like we had started spilling our guts to each other and exposed each of our deepest darkest secrets and swore to be blood sisters but we were starting to act like decent friends who are able to joke around and tease each other.

And to me, that was more than what I have ever dared to wish for ever since we drifted apart years ago.

I no longer have to try brush off the stinging hurt I feel whenever I had to face his cold and stoic expressions directed at me, I don't have to feel the plunge of the knife to the heart anymore every time he acted as if I didn't exist, because he has started to greet me in the hallways and smile at me when he sees me ever since we started having lunch together. That was more than enough already. This was more than enough.

"So what are your plans for the weekend?" Alex asked me, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I shook my head lightly. "Um, nothing."

Alex raised an eyebrow, "Nothing? Really? That sounds depressing."

I shrugged, "I kinda lost my one and only friend, remember? There's not much that I can do even if I wanted to anyway."

Alex fell quiet at that. I didn't mean to sound so pathetic but I guess I accidentally made it sound that way. I didn't want to make him feel bad for me 'cause even though I did feel sad at times and maybe a tinge of loneliness here and there, I was still alright. I was okay.

"Well, you've got this friend sitting across from you." He said after a while, surprising me.

I mean, I shouldn't be but I was. Despite how friendly we've been acting around each other, it was still the first time that I heard him admit it.

I stopped eating for a while to look at him dumbly.

He waited expectantly for my response, waving his hand in a circle, "Well?"

I looked at his hand motion and mimicked it slowly, "Well? What?"

He rolled his eyes and looked at me as if I was the dumbest person on Earth. Well, I'm sorry if I'm a bit slow. Not everyone is gifted to be able to pick up things quickly, you know.

"What do you want to do?" He asked me.

My eyes grew in size. Why does he care?

"Um, why?" I threw a different question back at him.

"Because I'm going to do it with you. Whatever it is." He answered confidently.

I don't know where the cold Alex has gone but this one scared me.

"Yeah, why would you do that?" I asked again.

"Because the fact that you have no one to spend the weekend with is sad and I feel bad for you so stop answering my questions with questions and start giving me proper answers. What do you want to do?" He said in one breath.