Chapter 2: Insecurity

Start from the beginning

It made Mew's heart flutter. For some reasons, he was not able to answer when Gulf said, 'I think I love you' because he was scared, it all happened too fast and he assumed, Gulf was acting out of emotion. Also, the Gulf in the morning didn't look as excited and pleased as he imagined him to be except for subtle caring gestures he dropped in randomly. Maybe, I am overdemanding, he shushed his thoughts.

"Gulf? Speaking of work, would you like the boys to know about us? Not that I'm intending to tell them but just in case, you know... " Mew doubtfully placed the question, hoping not to worry his man.

Gulf pouted his head for a while and looked at him.

"I think we should hold back for now. I'm not saying, I don't want to. I just think my parents should know first." He said adamantly and reached for his hand. "Once our schedule becomes lighter, I'll go meet them. I want to properly tell them"

"I understand" Mew said pulling him in for a hug. If only he knew how it reassured him that the fight was far from over, "I don't want you to feel pressurized either" He comforted him pressing his chin on his head.

"You don't mind, do you? " Gulf asked concerned.

"Mind? I'm just happy I get to do this". He said beaming at the bright-eyed man and engulfed him into a tighter hug.

"hmm...we should go before it gets late. Why don't you wear my clothes for today? We'll be late if you go to your place now".

*********

"It's great there wasn't much of a traffic otherwise we would have been late" said Gulf while Mew parked the car outside the workshop building. And just when they came out of the car, they met Mild who has just reached the building. "Aren't we in trouble?" whispered Gulf flashing a smile unwillingly at his colleague which made Mew follow his gaze to meet a grinning Mild.

"Oye? How is the two of you showing up here together?" Mild said with an expression twinkling in his eye that irked Gulf so much. "And in the same car? Am I missing something?"

"Mild, you're just overthinking". Mew simply laughed it off. He understood how Mild was interested in pestering them in a fun way especially when he knew he was likely to be gay or bisexual ever since the incident with Arkie went public.

But Gulf was not having it. He failed to see the humor in Mew's response. But instead felt as though Mew was trying to hint about their relationship. Or maybe I am just over thinking, he reasoned himself.

"So, Mew, how's the progress with your studio?" ask Mild driving himself serious as the three men walked inside the building and took the elevator. "Kaownah is about to work on the soundtrack today. In case, you are looking for an artist, he is there" informed Mild.

"That hurts, Mild. I am going to be my own artist." Mew joked.

"It's not like you can't sing...of course. But isn't that a bit too selfish?"

"Selfish? I'd say, it's good business. You first need to see the market. Launching new artists from new studios is a huge sum of money, resources and time." Mew protested

"I thought you once said, your dad would help"

"That was years ago. I think I can manage myself".

Gulf was at bliss until Mew and Mild began to talk. He felt sidelined and it was one of the reasons why he felt insecure about Mild and Mew's friendship. Although, he was certain about Mild being straight, Mild was a constant reminder that he knew very little about Mew and it bothered him vaguely. Sometimes, amidst his clear conscious and confidence, he felt as though he was only lurking behind Mew's shadow. Moreover, the rest of the cast got along very well with each other including Kaownah who was about to play the antagonist in the series. At the end of the day, it was him who was the outcast.