Sighing heavily, I leaned my head against the cold, black tile. "He cheatin' on her." I replied.

This shit was really tugging at me. I had to say something. I had to tell somebody.

"What?" She asked before she bust out laughing. "Yo'... daddy a asshole. Cheatin' on her wit who?"

"Roni."

She paused, looking at me. "Sis, that shit not even funny."

I shrugged. "I'm not lyin'. And the worst part is... daddy don't even give a fuck." I sighed. I looked over at her.

"Why you think?"

"Daddy is late to damn near every Sunday dinner we ever have, but he always rushin' us to get out the house, his car always over there, and every time we leave, yo' momma always quick to hop in the damn shower," I scoffed and shook my head. "I'm sa'prised I ain't seen it sooner." I looked over at her, after she remained quiet. "Don't say nothin."

She nodded. "Sure."

Sure.

"When you find out?"

"Bout a month ago. I had a feelin' but I ain't know for sure at first."

"And now you know for a fact."

"He was walkin' outta Roni house at like 2:00 in the mornin', and then gave me a stack to keep it to myself."

She looked my way, and sucked her teeth. "Wow. You good?" She asked me and I nodded, and she gave me hug before we both stood up and walked out the bathroom.

A big part of me felt that I should have kept my mouth shut, but the shit was really bothering me, and making me look at my daddy differently.
• • • • •

"Sister! Sister!" I looked up and seen my baby sister Serenity walking into my room.

My daddy and Diamond had four kids: Sebastian's bad ass was the oldest, then it was Serenity, Darren, and then Dawn. They were quadruplets—don't even ask me how that happened cause last time I checked, that shit ain't even run in our family. All four of them were six years old, born July 15th.

"Yeah?" I asked, turning around to look at her from the bag I was packing for the week. Like always, I was following Destiny over to the hood to go chill with Artist.

It had become our routine.

She held out a brush to me. "Can you do my hair for me? Mommy and daddy are talking."

Putting my things to the side, I motioned her over. My baby siblings were my whole world—I'd give them the world if I could.

Serenity walked over and sat down in between my legs on the floor, and I sat on the bed.

"My mama used to do my hair like this." I said, grabbing my hair bag from underneath my bed.

Serenity looked up at me, as I took down her previous ponytail. "Your mommy don't do your hair now?"

I made a face, laughing some as I shook my head. "When you get older you gotta do some stuff by yourself baby. Why you think I got a job?"