Chapter 38 Being Apart

Cleo Emerald's POV

Beautiful roses  for my lovely wife. Hope you like it. I love you..
Laurent

" Is this for real?" I was staring at the bouquet with awe then shifted back to his note. "Gosh! A David Austin Juliet Roses? Heck! This cost a fortune!" I'm not a sucker of expensive things, it's just that I'm overwhelmed that I'm that special to him. I anticipatedly drew the flowers closer to my nose and smelled it . As expected, it's fragrance was so fascinating. I spent more seconds enjoying it's delicate smell while daydreaming of him. I gently placed it back on the table subsequently and reached my phone.

"Thanks 4 the flowers. They're so pretty! I texted him. Then I squatted searching my pair of slippers. I was in a hurry earlier when the delivery arrived, the reason why I opened the door barefooted.

I raised a bit when I heard my phone rang.
"Urgghh!" I muttered when my head accidentally hit the table.

" Hey...., good morning!" I exuberantly greeted ignoring my aching head. I only massaged it until the pain vanished.

" Good morning Sweetie", he delightfully uttered. "You're welcome..., I'm glad you liked it", it's his reply to my text message.

" Ofcourse... I did!" I answered vigorously. If you just saw my reaction earlier.

" By the way, how's your meeting with Chad?" I was referring to his executive assistant.  He needs to sit down with him to discuss some important matters about Morgan's Furnitures Limited before we leave for Zandro and Ysabelle's wedding.

" It's doing well. We're almost done", he announced.

" Oh! You should get going. I'll see you later", I told him.

" Okay Sweetie. I will go there directly after this", he stated nonchalantly.

"Alright..., I'll get ready then. You drive safely", I reminded him. "I love you". I can't wait to see him. Even though he was here yesterday but I feel like we haven't seen each other for a long time already. My mood turned sour when our current arrangement crossed my mind.

"I love you too my wife", he mumbled before he ended the call.

Laurent's POV

What Chad and I did was talked about the jobs I left for him to do. I was confident that he can performed it well like what he used to in his five years as my executive assistant.

" I need to go now Chad", I announced patting his shoulder.

" Have a safe trip", he mumbled nodding his head. "And you enjoy".

" Thanks, I will", I replied cheerfully heading towards the door. Chad is only 2 years older than me that's why we get along very well. Our relationship did not end for being an employer-employee but we're friends. He's my most trusted person in my company. More often, my people mistaken him as the owner since I seldom appeared in any company events. He always represented himself in my behalf. I've been very relaxed to him but despite that he still know his limitations.

" Salvatier's Airstrip..., 3 pm", Henry's announcement popped up on my phone screen.

" Y so early Salvatier? I tot 6 pm? Cameron asked.

" That's wat Finn said. Just relaying d info", Henry replied.

" 😬😬" Brett reacted.

" Copy that", Trevor acknowledged.

" Don't be late", Wesley messaged.

"Hve a sef flyt every1" , It's from Zandro.

I'm sure he's already in Fontanella Island now together with Ysabelle, Zander and both their parents. They have to be there ahead of time to finalize everything before their wedding. I'm so happy for that friend of ours. Atlast he found Ysabelle again. The woman he truly love who just disappeared five years ago.

" Fuck! I haven't sleep yet!" Cameron complained.

It's not new for all of us to know that Cameron haven't sleep yet. That's what he is.... a night person... a vampire. He likes reigning his kingdom at night and dominates his prey. I have a wild guess that he's still with a sexy and gorgeous blonde in his bed right now, pleasuring him. He's like that, the greatest womanizer of all the lunatics. He just picked random socialites or celebrities who happened to party in one of his bars.

" Kick her ass man. You have  2 save ur energy 4 Filipina beauties😂😂😂 Wesley and I seemed to have the same thoughts.

" Not draining my energy. I'm just lying man😁" , So we were right then.

I was shaking my head as I pocketed my phone. I'm sure my friends will not end that topic very soon. They're quiet entertaining but sometimes annoying. That's why I always prefer to keep my silence but they're like my brothers...., my family. Expect that in your difficult times, they're all with you..showing their help and support.

It's quarter 11 am when I reached Lincoln Tower. I excitedly pressed the buzzer of her apartment. "God! I missed her! Her voice, her smile, her scent...her kisses...Oh, I'm going insane by the thoughts of it.

"Just a second", Her sweet voice filled the air. I gulped in anticipation and instantly kissed her when she appeared to my sight looking so attractive. I deepened the kiss when she intensely kissed me back, clinging her arms to my nape.

" I want more my temptress", I groaned grasping for air. I kicked the ajar door without separating from her. My hand simply touched her luscious, red lips. She looked disoriented but I glimpsed enormous desire in her eyes. As always, I was drowned again to her enchanting spell.

She arched and whimpered when I gently played her flaunting bud beneath the thin garment that she's wearing. That sight of her was tormenting unleashing my remaining restraint. I would really go crazy if she will say no.